Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats happening everyone? I have a 07 LMM with about 98K on it. It is a stock truck with only an aftermarket brake controller on it. Friday as I was leaving work, I noticed that the volt gauge was reading greater than 14V and stayed there for the entire trip home ( approximately 10 mins). I drove the truck all weekend with no issues. I pulled my camper from it's winter spot to my house to get ready to take up to the camp ground. Parked it for the night.

When I got up this am to go to work. I jump in and I get a single click. The lights on the dash light up and then dim out except 2 yellow lights. One that looks like a transmission type light and beside it a spiral squighly light (LMAO. I dont know how else to describe it) and my cd player kept making a clicking noise like it was trying to change disc.

The interior lights light up when I open the door and my keyless entry works still with no problems. Any thoughts? At first I was thinking that I'd charge the battery and/or get a new battery however I was talking to someone from work and I told them about the greater than 14V reading on friday on the way home and they suggested that my alternator could be going bad. Any thoughts?

This is my first diesel so I'm pretty unfamiliar with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lmfao. Thanks bud. I wasn't sure what that was.

So I jumped the truck and took it into the battery shop. They checked my alternator. Checked out ok. Both batteries seemed checked out ok also. 800CCA each.

I put the batteries on a charger. I guess will see what happens. Seems to be running ok for now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.