Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pics posted are of the demo I drove for the last two days. Took it off the lot with 31Mi on it. The truck 4x4 ordered is white with charcoal interior and a Z71. Pretty much all options except sun-roof. Dealer installed options will include chrome door-handles, chrome gas cap and 4" assist steps. One thing it will require is fender flares. I can see that the wheels spray the sides and some of the places I go fishing are pretty bad country. Bushwacker is the only one so far I can find for the 07 New Generation body. Anyone has other suggestions???

Really a great ride. Very quiet and loads of power!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
hmmmmmm..... thats interesting. the Z85 is the build code for the "off road" package on the 2500HD and 3500HD units. Double check what someone is selling you there. the "decals" do not mean that the truck has the off-road package. check the build sheet for the truck

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just saw a new duramax the other day and it had Z71 on it also.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
wow they must have changed it, i tried to find something on the net, but must be a new change for 07.5+ ... thats cool tho. So did you buy a new truck? i really like the trumpet coming out under the RR bumper... LOL

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I did buy it, just ask my bank account. Been driving a 93 Chevy 4x4 for fourteen years and its been a great truck and like a good friend, hate to give it up, but time has come to treat myself a little.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea it will take them a while to update, i tried to do my truck a few weeks ago and it wasnt even on there yet. It might be now but i havent checked since then... I would give it a month or so!:gearjamin

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The LMM is the engine available in the Next Generation body style vs. the LBZ in the Classic body style for 07. The purpose for it was to run on the new low sulfer diesel (less lubricity) and cleaner emissions with the regen/particulate filter. The engine and chassis have a number of improvements (on paper), however time will tell how many times I'll be in the shop with it. I generally keep my trucks a long time, present one is a 93. I was concerened if in the next few years they upgrade diesel fuel to the European specifications, there may be some issues with the earlier engines. Time will tell.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I was trying to price out a new body style lmm on kbb and the 4.10 isn't available just the 3.73, WTF?
the duramax diesel is only avalible with the 3.73 gears and has been since it was built in 01...i believe their are aftermarket 4.10 gears avalible for the duramax..

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Duramax 2500 HD,/ Allison tranny is only available available with the 3.73 rear end. I could have had the 4.10 with gas engine. This was the first time I drove the 6 speed Allison with the tap up/down shift control. The power was impressive and I don't think the extra fuel consumption with the 3.73 gears would be worth it. You really would have to have some masive tow load to see a payback.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm putting on a 16" suspension lift and will be running running 40" Toyos on 22"s. I presently tow a 22' Donzi that only weighs 5k but will be getting a 28' and I live in the hill country (Austin) TEXAS! The 4.10's will cost me $1600 aftermarket, Dodge offers it why not GM? and whats with the electric horizontal sliding rear window? Should be vertical like the Toyota with built in defroster. I hope the rocket scientists at GM monitor this site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts