Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
truck threw the code 0700 this morning, anybody know what this code is??? it also seems to be shifting different so i tried the trans relearn from the ppe tuner i have and it didnt seem to help

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
trans limp

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can use the PPE to reset trans/relearn. You still might want to turn the level down but he relearn will make it shift firmer again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys how about throwin me some prices of the suncoast stage 3 and stage 4 trannys. as a kit and as a complete trans if available.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
well guys how about throwin me some prices of the suncoast stage 3 and stage 4 trannys. as a kit and as a complete trans if available.
make another thread in post it up in the vendor section so you get prices :drink

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
truck threw the code 0700 this morning, anybody know what this code is??? it also seems to be shifting different so i tried the trans relearn from the ppe tuner i have and it didnt seem to help
P0700 is just one code, and it tells the ECM that the TCM is requesting a MIL "Malfunction Indicator Light". We need to know the other codes before we jump to the conclusion that you limped your tranny. It could just be a bad connection at the TCM, or a bad NSBU switch, or it could be a Limped transmission. If you have a P0700 there is another code, and you need to post it:drink

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
My truck just threw the same code this morning and it was only P0700, no other codes.

How much does a NSBU switch cost?
You need a better code reader to read the rest of the codes. EFI, or a Tech2. Not really worth throwing money at a something, if you do not know source of the problem.:drink

·
Registered
441 Posts
It appears that the Allison on the LMM does not have the NBSU switch in the same location as the other. I looked at the drivers side of the transmission where the shift linkage is and it just goes to the side of the transmission and that is it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my truck had 3 codes the 0700, one that said something about fuel temperature and one that said lost communication to the tranny. i really dont see how i could have limped the tranny because i havent driven the truck much and when i do im not hard on it. i cleared the codes with a real scan tool and removed the programmer completely from my truck and all is good so far. before i did all that the trans didnt slip at all it just acted like it was in tow haul mode all the time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.