Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hauled round bales this weekend a lots of them (238) to be exact.Two identical trucks 4 door 4x4 duallys with flat beds one dodge one chevy. Dodge bone stock chevy dpf deleted and banks 6 gun level 3. same trailers same load (16) bales. The dodge would effortlessly start moving in the field while the chevy would take at least 3/4 or even more throttle just to get started. On the road not even close the dodge was all field chevy would just dust it. Question is what make that cummings move so easy from a dead start?

· Registered
422 Posts
I wouldnt be quick to say JUST that. Manufactures can tune a truck to run completly different to help things like towing or driveability etc etc. You can see it in my truck with the DSP, my stock is just that, bone stock and I have a hot street, a tow and a race.

All of them act different from a dead stop with light throttle applied. My tow tune will get the truck moving with a load behind it faster then the race tune will with equal throttle applied, doesnt mean my tow tune is my strongest.

· Registered
549 Posts
yeah when i first got my dmax i was surprised how much i had to push the pedal down to move it but now with my current tune i barely get on the throttle and it wants to spin tires

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Are you sure that the Dodge was not in 4 wheel low ??

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Well the Dmax is V-8 so it makes torque say 200RPM later than the I-6 Cummins but It's probably got much more to do with how the electronic pedal is tuned and the TC.

· Premium Member
158 Posts
its the gearing difference and if the dodge was a manual that first gear is a granny gear stump puller.

· Registered
394 Posts
Not to disagree with anything previously posted, but I recently did something similiar with my brother in laws '08 6.7 CTD and my '08 LMM. Hauled 10-12K lbs of fill dirt/rocks around our farm to level out a 100'x75' area, 6' deep. His on the road would take off a little better, but my truck would very quickly catch and pass his with my Edge Race Evo on lvl2 tow tune. It's one of those out of the gate maybe a little stronger, but once it's going, it's just the opposite. Not to knock Banks, it does what it says, but...:cool: Chris

· Stupid Has The Balls
2,701 Posts
The 4.10 vs the 3.73 will allow him to move off the line a little quicker

· Registered
438 Posts
Maybe since its the special series Cummins with the "G" in its name, it has low speed Super Pursuit Mode that the Dmax doesn't have. ?????:rofl

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.