Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...UPDATE...08 Sierra Washed it now what......

today was a nice day here so I washed the ol' girl then the engine when I got done I started it and the monitor tire sense flashed, then the 4 wheel service flashed no turn signal,no flashers,A/C only blows on defrost with temp on hot,brake lights stay on ,windows wont roll down drivers door when opened the radio stays on and hey no chimp when the key is left in the ignition......I dont know I pulled the positive cable off the batteries then put them back still the same???? please help

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Did you get the fuse box all wet you might blown all your fuses

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all is good with the fuses

·
born country
2,427 Posts
sounds like you got water in your ecm or some sort of wiring. let it dry out and see what happens.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I washed it about noon today then drove it about 40 miles around trip should I pull connectors and blow them out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a ground connection under the driver door, screwed into the body mount bracket remove the screw/bolt , clean the spot on the mount and the eyelet then put it back together using a bolt, lock washer and nut. then spray it with some sort electrical protector spray ( i use a product called battery sealer/protector from permitex )

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let it set all day today and still the same thing

·
Registered
47 Posts
pull the 2 large connectors apart on the driver side of the motor see if there is water in there

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
josh-10 did that too still nothing....its going to the shop next wed so I guess I'll start cutting off my arm and leg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm never ever going to wash my engine bay again this sux ass

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i just let mine get dirty...and if i absolutely have to clean it i use wipeys and sponges. never direct water beign sprayed on it. i basically vapor locked a 1986 383 dodge ram with a pressure washer...then i drove it into a puddle after i fixed it which turned out to be about 6ft deep and screwed everything up even more...then i sold the sucker to some poor guy for way too much money...

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
I have always used solvent/cheap paint thinner, and spray it on. It really cuts the grease and no worries about shorts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah my edge programmer is throwing alot of codes and the one on the dash says service 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but it runs great no jacked up trans shifts or nothing

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well took it to the shop in Lakeview,Oregon.Halls motors GM service....guy look at it checked it out said I had 22 codes he cleared them out .....found that a wire was rubbing a fuse block mounting bolt, is what he called it. he said he replaced the big fuses and everything worked,then shock the wire harness to see what caused it and leaned close to the fuses and pop one of the big ones.he didnt say witch one ......shrink wrap $4.00 services $216.00, so happy it wasnt a body module or something high$$$ priceless

1 - 20 of 22 Posts