Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i removed the blower motor and hooked to a battery to find out it still works. The wiring is fine and i know its not the resistor because it works on high. There is power to the motor at all times and is controlled by the ground i can make the motor run in the truck by jumping a ground wire to the plug in. So is the hvac switch bad?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Most likely it is your resistor. When on high, there is a relay that bypasses the resistors and sends battery voltage to the motor. The lower speed settings run through a series of resistors to limit current and slow the motor.

Every blower I have had that worked on high and not lower speeds. the issue has always been with the resistor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ment to say it doesn't work on high sorry.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Most common problem is the resistor. Be sure to replace the wire connector at the same time as the resistor.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the high speed relay is in one unit with the resistor board. Unless that changed with the NBS, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It was only a $20 part on my 02 but yours it a bit more costly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts