Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad has a Duramax and we are looking for product ratings and ideas to improve fuel mileage. Would a programmer be a good idea and if so, which one. Having a hard time researching since I know NOTHING about vehicles.
So he has the 6.6 Duramax and wants to find something that will improve his fuel mileage. thanks for help

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
The best way to achieve better mileage on the LMM is to remove the DPF. This however can cause possible warranty denial if you have to visit your dealer. To remove the DPF you need a tuner and exhaust, and the mileage gains are typically 3-4 mpg increase.

If you have questions let me know.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
What we need is the mother of all NBS DPF/Mileage/Tuner/Warranty threads with all conceivable information in it.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
What we need is the mother of all NBS DPF/Mileage/Tuner/Warranty threads with all conceivable information in it.
So people can ignore it and post a new thread....:neener:drink

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
So people can ignore it and post a new thread....:neener:drink
no, we'll never stop the new threads.. but at least we can slow them down once they start! :rof:rof:rof

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Wouldn't be easier to just disable posting a new thread until 25 posts or so?

They can reply and search....about it.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Wouldn't be easier to just disable posting a new thread until 25 posts or so?

They can reply and search....about it.

That's a great idea,
maybe not even a minimum post, but like a probationary period of a week or something.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
That's a great idea,
maybe not even a minimum post, but like a probationary period of a week or something.
Thats an even better idea to me.

I'd say three days would be sufficient to weed out the non searchers lol

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Thats an even better idea to me.

I'd say three days would be sufficient to weed out the non searchers lol
Seems reasonable to me.

I'm sure they've thought about that before and decided against it for one reason or another.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Where is the search button..........LOL LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!:welcome

Fill out your signature and Hang around!! Tons to learn around here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I find it very rude that you people are being so childish. CLEARLY I dont know anything about cars and I was looking for specific help. I tried to look at the forum but nothing made sense to me. EXCUSE ME for looking for advice on a public forum SPECIFICALLY designed to be of help to people. And to comment jack my post to have a round about of rudeness between yall is beyond immature. Try ignoring my post if it really ruins your day that much.

For the person who took the time to answer me without criticism, I commend you. THANK YOU for doing what it is one does on a forum ANSWER PEOPLES QUESTIONS, not criticize and be rude!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts