Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Works for me, I own my brick and mortar home paid off in full since 2010, 2 homes on wheels also paid in full since 2008.:thumb
If you have no actual experience with a product, ur opinions don’t count.
What does your financial success have to do with the quality of any cordless tool brand?

Other than this one sentence "Makita and Bosch are probably about as good but I have no experience with them.", what opinions have I posted about tools I have no experience with?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
You had only opinions on several different impacts, go back and re-read your opinions that you think you didn’t make.
Your comment only good for homeowners, I simply stated that I’m a home owner they work for me.
I have just about every 18 volt RYOBI tool, easy choice using the same 18 volt battery.
Only exception is having a 1/2” Dewalt 20 volt 1/2” impact mentioned earlier, which works just fine for me.
At least my opinion on the 1/2” RYOBI was valid it wouldn’t break loose my lug nuts, Dewalt did.

The OP’s question was 1/2” battery Impact who gots what.
As usual a easy question turns into mines the best one, all others suck, even though people has had good luck with the sucky ones.
That was also stated on this thread.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
You had only opinions on several different impacts, go back and re-read your opinions that you think you didn’t make.
Your comment only good for homeowners, I simply stated that I’m a home owner they work for me.
I have just about every 18 volt RYOBI tool, easy choice using the same 18 volt battery.
Only exception is having a 1/2” Dewalt 20 volt 1/2” impact mentioned earlier, which works just fine for me.
At least my opinion on the 1/2” RYOBI was valid it wouldn’t break loose my lug nuts, Dewalt did.

The OP’s question was 1/2” battery Impact who gots what.
As usual a easy question turns into mines the best one, all others suck, even though people has had good luck with the sucky ones.
That was also stated on this thread.
Here we go... another snowflake reading things that aren't there, upset because I don't like their preferred brand.

I have used Ryobi and Rigid. I say they are homeowner tools. They are not suitable in high use commercial applications. They lack performance and do not last. Maybe you get by with them but a better tool will make you more money in less time with less headache. Your success is in spite of cheap tools, not because of them. If you're happy with them, it's because either you haven't used something better or saving money is more important to you than tool performance and reliability. If that's the case, more power to you. But to get upset when someone says there is a better tool, is some serious snowflake/outrage culture shit.

I asked you what opinions I have made about tools I have no experience with and you failed to answer other than telling me to go back and read my posts. Quote me or shut the fuck up.

My most negative opinions were of tools that I HAVE OWNED AND USED. I'm sorry that my review of tools that I have used in high use commercial settings conflicts with your beliefs. Perhaps you and jdwarren should get together and have a bubble blowing party in a safe space and cry about that mean man on the internet who dared to say there is a better tool.

Want to know what I would say to someone who has used the tools that I have and says there's something better? I say TELL ME MORE! Be it a better product or a better way of doing things, I'm always looking for improvement. But perhaps in today's SJW/Snowflake/Outrage Culture/Cancel Culture/Participation Trophy world of alphabet people, that is not acceptable anymore. Perhaps I should get rid of my good tools and buy some cheap ones so I don't tool-shame anyone on my jobsites.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I just brought in the full line oh Hilti 22V tools for our rental branches. Good quality, a little heavier than my Makita 18V that I use at home. One thing that gets rented out a lot is the 12V car charger for the tools. Don't see that from many of the competitors. They also make a 3/4" drive in 22 Volt. Hilti is just releasing some 36V cordless tools- this may get interesting!
Rental tools is a great reference. Rental companies don't buy inferior equipment because it can't handle the use. Wanna know what's best, see what rental companies buy. I wish that 3/4 impact was available when I bought my 1/2" I'll probably get one soon. I also wish they had a cordless ratchet and grease gun. I love my Milwaukee grease gun but I hate having different batteries and chargers on the truck.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
:x off

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Impact has been ordered, I dare not say which one but I think I’ll be happy with it :teehee
Sent the link that PigPen posted to a friend of mine and he ordered one too :thumb

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
I have kobalts 1/2 n 3/4 impact wrenchs, Milwaukee 1/4 impact driver and wrench, rigid impact driver, and several other corded tools from kobalt, and dewalt. I use them if not daily then weekly. All of them have been good tools. Most of the kobalt stuff i got for black friday type deals or it would be dewalt or Milwaukee. But theyve been good tools so far. If its something you are relying on to make money go with the higher end stuff. If its for your personal, once a month use then go with whatever you can get the cheapest that fulfills your needs. Everyone take a damn midol and chill out.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Impact has been ordered, I dare not say which one but I think I’ll be happy with it :teehee
Sent the link that PigPen posted to a friend of mine and he ordered one too :thumb
I know it's not Hilti and that's OK, to each his own. I hope it serves you well. But if it's not Ryobi or whatever brand the other guy is into, you're right, you better not talk about it. :rof

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
If its something you are relying on to make money go with the higher end stuff. If its for your personal, once a month use then go with whatever you can get the cheapest that fulfills your needs. Everyone take a damn midol and chill out.
My thoughts exactly. I don't care who buys what with their own money but my OCD flares up real bad when my statements are misquoted and/or misconstrued.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Anyone have personal experience, in high use commercial settings, Ingersol Rand AND DeWalt or Milwaukee? How do they compare? As I said, I'm always looking for better and I'm wondering if Ingersol Rand's cordless tools share the quality of their pneumatic tools.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
I don't think anyone cares or should care what one your buying, its what makes you happy with the decision you've made for only yourself and of course your friend.

Reactions: Nitro Junkie

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
'dunno;:x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Woo Hoo!!! Just sold a job that justifies (in my tool junkie mind) buying the new 3/4" Hilti impact. yayayay

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know opinions are like butts and everyone is different. Dewalt DCF899H 20v Picked it because of Torque rating and price for the Kit with Bag, charger, 2 batteries for $299 on Amazon. 100's of Nuts busted and torqued. Never fails. I'm not partial to any brand, Also have 1/2 Milwaukee, 3/8 Porter cable stuff too. The Dewalt was just the best value/power for me. -Epicenter

·
Registered
1 Posts
1/2" electric impact

As a professional tech, i have the Snap-On 1/2" impact rated at 1250 breakaway torque, i haven't come across anything that i can't get unstuck with it. Now as something that's going to be a backup and not used all day every day, i would recommend the Milwaukee M18 1/2" impact, i know a lot of guys that use them professionally and love them, and i think it's the best bang for the buck personally. They are a bit pricier than other brands, but if you own a lot of Milwaukee tools, i think it's worth the investment.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts