Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems that a lot of good things are rolling over in to this year for the Power Stroke. Last year there were a few trucks that managed to get in to the 10's and a 7.3 broke the 1,000 horsepower barrier.

Shawn Ellerton in his 2004 CC/SB 6.0 (Canadien ******* truck from the DP Challenge a few years ago) ran a 10.67 @ 127 mph today. This is unreal for a CC/SB, especially a 6.0L Power Stroke. He also ran a 10.93 today as well. This was done at the racing event going on in Phoenix, AZ today.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Wow.
Seems like some folks are getting them to hold.
I dont even want to know what that cost. LOL.

Congrats to Shawn! :drink

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just got an update. This truck just ran a 10.60 pass, which makes it the fastest Power Stroke in the world....and its a damn CC/SB lol

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
thats awsome....... for the sum of 30k in mods....... but really thats cool....they have come along way... when i had mine with 550hp it stayed down more than running..... glad to seee it....... and just so you know, it was an 03 with elite stage 1 cam, elite stage 1 valvetrain, elite coolant by-pass, ported heads, studs, ported intake manifold, Hypermax 190 cc inj, ats egr delete, ats stage v trans, ats stage 3 fuel sys, banks ic, banks highram, 4.88 gears on 40's. Industrial 62/70 phat shaft turbo and sct custom tunes.... cost 12k in motor work, 3k turbo, 5k trans and 6k in other performance mods..... very expensive for a truck to make 550hp... but I did it on 40's... stock tires and lift would be low 600's....... just was not reliable for a daily driver..

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought Shawn's truck was an 04, but its an 03. I am still amazed that a 6.0 went this fast. And I am amazed that the fastest street legal Power Stroke is a CC/SB....WOW

60 Foot - 1.65
1/8 mile - 6.8 @ 103
1/4 mile - 10.60 @ 131.4

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I thought Shawn's truck was an 04, but its an 03. I am still amazed that a 6.0 went this fast. And I am amazed that the fastest street legal Power Stroke is a CC/SB....WOW

60 Foot - 1.65
1/8 mile - 6.8 @ 103
1/4 mile - 10.60 @ 131.4
Me too Jeff

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is weighing it sometime in the next few days. The weight before he pulled the back seats out and put the cage inside was 7750, so depending on how heavy the bars are inside the truck.....

Here are some crappy videos. Hopefully Shawn's crew made some better ones.

YouTube - Picture 004.mov

YouTube - Picture 005.mov

·
Registered
742 Posts

60 Foot - 1.65
1/8 mile - 6.8 @ 103
1/4 mile - 10.60 @ 131.4
That truck was quick. Watched them run several times, kept getting faster. Looks like a crap load of nitrous though, since they cleaned the smoke up in about 1/2 second flat :D. I got video of the 10.60 run, post it once it loads.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the truck does use a lot of nitrous....but its a 7700 lb CC/SB 6.0. AND nitrous is only effective when the fuel is there to burn, so why not take advantage? You can only go so far with a 6.0 using hard parts. If it was possible to go 10.60 @ 131 fuel only in a 6.0, these guys would have already done it. That truck is about as maxed out as it can get on hard parts.....and they are nitrous junkies lol.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I saw that one run. It was pretty impressive. Most of the powerstrokes that ran the track was too damn slow, ranging from 15's to 20's.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw that one run. It was pretty impressive. Most of the powerstrokes that ran the track was too damn slow, ranging from 15's to 20's.
Lol, 15's and up would be 7.3's and stock 6.0's and 6.4's for the most part. I know there was an H&S Black Maxx tuned 6.4 there that ran 13.1 @ 102 a few times in the E/T bracket. Other than that, I don't know of any of the other times and who all was there and what not.

·
Registered
877 Posts
doesnt matter to me if they are running nitrous or not 7000# plus truck moving like that is impressive.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes, the truck does use a lot of nitrous....but its a 7700 lb CC/SB 6.0. AND nitrous is only effective when the fuel is there to burn, so why not take advantage? You can only go so far with a 6.0 using hard parts. If it was possible to go 10.60 @ 131 fuel only in a 6.0, these guys would have already done it. That truck is about as maxed out as it can get on hard parts.....and they are nitrous junkies lol.
Absolutely nothing wrong with running nitrous..... I used to burn tankloads of the shit :D.....

I was only making an observation. Don't matter how they got to 10.60's..... all that matters is they did, and that's damn impressive.

This is the vid I got. I was there with the duramax people so that explains why there isn't more 6.0 in that video:eek: I think this was a 10.6x vid, but there was no time posted. Not sure what they ran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHk0YgXKAjI

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That is very impressive, I was impressed when shawns truck was in the 11's guess he has been doing some work this winter

Newly's truck also impressive, I wish i was out in az

·
Registered
742 Posts
haha newly was fightn it a little bit.
Street tires made traction a bitch. He also got told by track officials to pedal it or he was out. Made an 11.3 pass on his first run, no bar in the truck. He was forced to run 11.5 or slower in Super Street or risk being kicked out. Kind of hard to win against a 10 second truck that way:rolleyes: If you look closely, you can see his brake lights come on at the back end.... Hard to tell from that angle, but its at about the 1000 ft mark, maybe a little past, where he was shutting it downs. I'm confident the truck has a high ten, fuel only. Some slicks and spray, be a whole nother ball game :D

That truck is a monster. On the way back to the hotel, he was doing rolls on from 60 mph and a hanging the back end of the truck out big time.... Once the turbo lights, he's gone. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts