Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I echo these statements.... I was skeptical, but so far the trans is seem less. Always seems to be in the right gear and have all the power available. Haven't pulled our toy hauler yet... gonna try that this weekend. 18k lbs loaded should give it a good test.
Curious to hear your opinions after your some hauling. Getting ready to take a cross country trip with a 17k lb 5th wheel. Wondering what to expect.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Curious to hear your opinions after your some hauling. Getting ready to take a cross country trip with a 17k lb 5th wheel. Wondering what to expect.
My experience pulling is similar... truck is smooth and always seems like it is in the right gear and in the correct place in the power-band. Never any turbo lag or slow downshifts..... This transmission was probably the least important selling point for me in regard to the 2020 truck (because the old 6 speed was so good) but it is now my favorite/most-liked new feature!!!! We shall see about the longevity over the next few years, but so far this transmission is amazing!!! Additionally and possibly related.... this weekend I drove 116 miles on the freeway, set the cruise at 85 (flat ground all trip) and computer says 20.5 miles per gallon when I arrived. Best I have gotten with any of my D-Max's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My experience pulling is similar... truck is smooth and always seems like it is in the right gear and in the correct place in the power-band. Never any turbo lag or slow downshifts..... This transmission was probably the least important selling point for me in regard to the 2020 truck (because the old 6 speed was so good) but it is now my favorite/most-liked new feature!!!! We shall see about the longevity over the next few years, but so far this transmission is amazing!!! Additionally and possibly related.... this weekend I drove 116 miles on the freeway, set the cruise at 85 (flat ground all trip) and computer says 20.5 miles per gallon when I arrived. Best I have gotten with any of my D-Max's.

Was that pulling you got 20.5 mpg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
We shall see about the longevity over the next few years, but so far this transmission is amazing!!!
I agree, the 10 speed sounds like a GREAT idea, if and only if it is as rugged and reliable as the Allison 1000 has been.................I certainly hope so!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love mine so far! I also have a 19 Ram with the Aisin and the new Allison is a much smoother transmission. I will say it seems like it’s always shifting but it’s silky smooth so
I will likely get used to all the shifting.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I drove NY to Fla towing our 17k Montana, 1300mi.
2020 replaces an '18
Trans is perfect, knows what gear to be in at all times.
1300mi trip average 9.9mpg

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
I drove NY to Fla towing our 17k Montana, 1300mi.
2020 replaces an '18
Trans is perfect, knows what gear to be in at all times.
1300mi trip average 9.9mpg
Does it still have the Manual option on the shift lever?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts