Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this months diesel power mag. I saw two cummins diesels with 1000 + hp. Is it possible that a duramax could do this? I would like know if it is possible to get 1000hp with bolt ons and just diesel #2.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Look up member Nasty Girl, Keith's truck made 1,004 h.p. this winter!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
There are now several 1000+ hp Cummins out there. The Dmax is right there too. Only difference is the Dmax will require some internal upgrades, I believe. I will say, I am happy to see Keiths truck break the barrier. I think in the next few years it will be happening more.

On a side note, those Dyno numbers are cool and all, but for actual seat of the pants power, you have to remeber us Dodge guys are running a crappy 4 speed auto with terrible gearing. An 800hp Dmax with the Allison 5 speed will run with a 900-1000 hpo cummins. Aint that allison great!

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Only thing better then reading about it is driving it. Nothing like it at all.

Its starting to be pretty easy to spray and get there, real cool to do it on fuel. Regardless of what you drive, 1000 fuel only horsepower is cool

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is definitely what I want to see no spray, just fuel, 1000+ hp from a dmax

1 - 6 of 6 Posts