Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in an argument with a friend about injectors, he is saying 100hp injectors are the same as 100% over injectors. Now I know this is not true, but was wondering if anyone could post flow charts or other info I could show him to prove him wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I got in an argument with a friend about injectors, he is saying 100hp injectors are the same as 100% over injectors. Now I know this is not true, but was wondering if anyone could post flow charts or other info I could show him to prove him wrong.

Thanks
A "100HP" injector is usually around the area of 40% over.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Pm brent at lds. Im sure he knows..
i have 45% in mine. If thats around 100hpthe im not sure if i even felt it. Lol but ive got stock trans still..

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Pm brent at lds. Im sure he knows..
i have 45% in mine. If thats around 100hpthe im not sure if i even felt it. Lol but ive got stock trans still..
If your tuning was adjusted for them, the injector PW was probably lowered and timing adjusted accordingly to stay at the same power level.(?)

Otherwise, you should have definetely felt a difference in 45s:drink

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
it was retuned for them and a lmm pump and fpr.. trust me i noticed a huge difference but i didnt know if it felt like 100+ hp. lol maybe im crazy, plus trans shit out today so F it

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Retuned for bigger sticks usually means detuned somewhat.....lowered PW for the bigger sticks. You can use a lower PW to get the same power level.
If the PW isn't lowered, you'll directly see the power increase..

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Retuned for bigger sticks usually means detuned somewhat.....lowered PW for the bigger sticks. You can use a lower PW to get the same power level.
If the PW isn't lowered, you'll directly see the power increase..

X2

If the new injector flows more and they were both open for the same amount of time (PW).......more fuel = more power

The % flow rate translates to HP roughly from the stock power on the motor (in this case an LLY) so a 30% injector should be around 0.30 x 305HP = @ 90 HP and a 40% would be @ 120 HP but of course marketing gets in the way of all of this and the numbers get distorted quickly. Also in reality the % over would translate to different HP levels depending on which motor you were talking about since the stock HP on an LLY is not the same as an LB7,LBZ,LMM, etc. Also the actual HP level increase may not be totally linear either but for marketing purposes it usually is. Best way to truly compare is to get the before and after flow sheets and compare those to get your real % flow increase and not get caught up in the HP levels at all. Long story short OP, you are correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts