Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Canyon Duramax has been in the shop for 114 days. Started with turbo wastegate rod falling off, various sensors failing, intercooler issues and now severe turbo lag with no codes showing up. So there is no best guesses as to the issue. GM has been great trying to fix it. I have a loaner so I’m not out any cash other than some repairs I had to cover that did not resolve the issue, whatever that may be. However it is concerning that GM cannot return my truck in working order after such a long oeruid. Anyone else experiencing unresolvable baby duramax issues!

·
Registered
615 Posts
They’d be buying back and giving me a different truck. I got pretty upset over mine being at the dealer for 18 days :teehee

·
Premium Member
2006 LBZ CCSB Leveled, Hypertech Programmer, 2008 LMM WT, 2008 Gasser WT
207 Posts
Yeah, Lemon Law. It will vary by state but there's a limit to how long they can keep it in for service.

·
Registered
995 Posts
lemon x 4 , they will never offer a new one and will attempt to make a deal that favors them but you got them by the short hairs if you ask me. just make a deal that puts you right where you would be today if nothing bad had happened and then get some spiffs like oil changes for life or extended warranty or chocolate for the wife.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
You have the best patience of anyone i have ever met or heard of in the history of the world

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would of had a new pickup long ago as my patience is nothing like yours.
Hope you get some satisfaction soon.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Hope there making the payments while its in the shop. You could win a civil suit against the dealership but Lemon law is out. Just no easy answer here, it all boils down to what you want.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Truck is way too old for a Lemon Law Claim....
lemon law applies from the time of the first complaint in most cases but also time in between complaints

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2016 Canyon Duramax has been in the shop for 114 days. GM has been great trying to fix it.
114 days? I guess our definition of "great" differs. To me that sounds appallingly bad. You have the patience of Job.

·
Registered
995 Posts
It also has time and mileage restrictions among other things. You need to read the law specific for YOUR state it is rather complicated not as you have represented above.
Thats exactly what I said, except for you adding about the laws in" your state" that is the most important advice given !!

Maybe a lemon law attny. is in order about now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats exactly what I said, except for you adding about the laws in" your state" that is the most important advice given !!

Maybe a lemon law attny. is in order about now.
What you said is above (you left out RESTRICTIONS on time among a plethora of other things which is absolutely key along with the notification that starts all of this the notification to GM through the specify instructions in the manual). Not going to argue with someone who is not familiar with this process.

To retain Counsel at this point if the OP was in my state of Texas would be a waste of time. There is no case.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't get it, I said nothing wrong , gave you a compliment on your post and I have been there ,done that and gave no bad advice just another couple options and opinions........................WTF ?

·
Registered
646 Posts
no kidding..... after the first week or two id be in there every day after work screaming at someone.
that won't accomplish anything. If they don't have the means to fix it and are waiting on GM to tell them how to fix it then scream at GM not the poor service advisors! They have enough crap they have to deal with.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
that won't accomplish anything. If they don't have the means to fix it and are waiting on GM to tell them how to fix it then scream at GM not the poor service advisors! They have enough crap they have to deal with.
ive spoke to a lot of service advisers, at least at my dealership, they have no desire to help you unless your blindly coughing up money. so i do not feel bad for them. if i ever come across a service adviser that gives a damn i may revise that statement.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ive spoke to a lot of service advisers, at least at my dealership, they have no desire to help you unless your blindly coughing up money. so i do not feel bad for them. if i ever come across a service adviser that gives a damn i may revise that statement.
Bummer Dude! May be that hole you live in! Cold puts people in bad moods lol!:grin2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts