Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell me what yall have done to them. im still looking into stuff. efi, lift pump, tranny are awaiting to be purchased, just need to do one thing at a time incase something comes up.
with the stuff i am looking into could i even touch 12's? or do i need a turbo upgrade or something like that?

·
Registered
272 Posts
you shouldn't need a bigger turbo, iv heard of 600hp trucks with stock snails

·
Registered
272 Posts
maby it wasent quite 600 but i know i was kinda up there

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
You can achieve 520-540 with a max effort EFI Live tune. You will need EFI Live, trans upgrade, tie rod sleeves (minimum), and lift pump. This can achieve mid to high 12's.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Like whos????

PPE standard will net you a mid 13.

my quest to 12.99 was EFI tune, trans, TTS lift pumps and tie rods sleeves on stock tires and spring clamps.
Does spray count?

If you have a built trans and lift pump you can stack an Edge JWA w/ hot unlock and a QuadS2 w/ 215 tune and run high 12s. :D

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and by the way mine is a 4 door longbed...wouldnt the extra weight effect it? or is the weight difference too minimal?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm almost there ! Ordering my ECM/TCM from Nick @ DURAMAXTUNER tomorrow. With what I have done , I was told I should have no problem hitting the 12's...providing I know how to drive it right !!! Gonna take some getting used to after running stock tranny , and Banks for so long !
Wifes gonna be pissed when I tell her I need new tires ...again after only having them for 3 months !! LOL:neener
Even with out having efilive on my truck right now , with running the Banks , Stage II , Fass 150 , co-pilot , it is a HUGE freakin' difference !. Cant wait to see what the tune will do !
12's now , next year , new ( bigger ) turbo...11's...?

·
Registered
58 Posts
All I can do is try....this truck stuff is worse than a heroin addict !

·
Registered
572 Posts
i'm on a 450ish i'd say hp tune with an airdog and a scIV trans. I have sleeves and and s&b instake with a ram air scoop i made. I was on stock wheels and 305/70/16 bfg all terrains and pulled a 12.87 on friday night. I know i can squeeze a little more out of it on this tune. I need to work on my launches and i know it will come down some more.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
my goal is to hit 12's on 37's.. which i should be able to do with my set up.. (minimal boost launch)

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
thats alot of rotating weight, and its gonna be hard on parts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My Suncoast stage V going in next week, ordering AD 165 from tyler and new tuning from mike. Should be into the 12s im hoping with a leveling kit and 285s.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts