Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close to 12's in my truck but was falling short. 13.2 @ 103. I did just get my s&b intake with a bumper scoop setup. It might make up 3 tenths but I doubt it. Can any body hook a brother up with a tune to get me in the 12's.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Who is currently doing your tuning? I recommend Rob if you haven't already used him. I would try a tcm tune! We can solve this probably with you current tuning if you could post up some more info such as 60 foot times, what boost level your leaving at, if your springs are clamped or not, and if your doing a few other things or not! Let us know! Have you removed your spare tire and tailgate? If not there is 2 tenths of a second there! Always remember for every 100 lbs there is a .1 secs difference!!!

Jon

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've run a couple different tunes. Before my lift pump was 13.5 and after my lift pump and pulling the spare and gate was a 13.2 my 60' was 1.8 I have an intake now so it might help some

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I've run a couple different tunes. Before my lift pump was 13.5 and after my lift pump and pulling the spare and gate was a 13.2 my 60' was 1.8 I have an intake now so it might help some
You have got two tenths right there! What psi are you leaving at? Get down to .65's to .70's and you should hit 12.99! Are you overloads clamped?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nope on my overloads. Do clamps go on the front or back? I dropped pressures way down to 30 and still spun if I built boost. My converter doesn't build boost before pulling through the brakes or it blows the tires off of it does boost.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Ditch the heavy ass H2s and I bet you get your 12.99

32 psi seems to be magic number for tires

leave the line with only 10-12 psi of boost.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I wish I could see 12's

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a shit ass converter that doesn't allow for boost building. Wants to pull and if i really mash hard on the brakes and spool up it blows the tires off on the line.

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
Nope on my overloads. I've got a tune that is suppose to be capable of12.5 but I could only get 13.4's. Its like it wouldnt keep pulling/change gears on the top. Just ran out of steam. So I went back to an old tune. Do clamps go on the front or back? I dropped pressures way down to 30 and still spun if I built boost. My converter doesn't build boost before pulling through the brakes or it blows the tires off of it does boost.
:rof:rof:rof

no one is going to "hook a brother up" with a race tune, you pay for good tunes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well no one has offered any services either.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You clamp the front of your overloads! Like Chris said play with your tire pressures. Lots of people run lower pressure up front than the rear. Also H2's are heavy as all get out and who feed you the line of the tune being capable of 12.5? I don't see that happening unless some one goes crazy with the weight reductions such as RDL did! Play with your boosting too. Figure it out there is ways to do stuff even with equipment not being completely right such as your converter! i have seen people leave at 14 and 18 psi. It ranges from one truck to another. You need to find a sweet spot. The truck shouldn't launch butter smooth but should have a slight kicking motion. Not bad just a little!

·
Registered
755 Posts
well no one has offered any services either.
Also the question was asked, Who's tune are you running now? And maybe that is who you would want to ask about hooking a brother up.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Like I said before, swap out those H2s for some stock aluminum wheels. You would be very surprised at how big of a difference it will make.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok i'll ask around to venders on here. Running an tune from idaho rob.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts