Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can get 15 inch 8 lug wheels to fit a 3/4 ton chevy?
The reason I ask is I have a nearly new set of 33's that I would like be able to put on my new (hopefully I get it) truck.

·
Registered
554 Posts
nope, you have bigger brakes than a half ton.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
they wont fit a 3/4 ton chevy...the brake caliper/rotors are too big. My aftermarket 16" rims clear the caliper with about 1/2". why would you want to go to a smaller rim? Im not sure about weight carrying capacity of the 15" rims either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumber,

why would you want to go to a smaller rim? Im not sure about weight carrying capacity of the 15" rims either.
I wanted you use a set of tires that I just bought (for my half ton but am now buying a dmax) and kick ass
goodyear wrangler duratrac!.....oh well

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
yeah, but are the duratracs e rated? Bummer..you will have to buy a new set..

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
you maybe/should be able to fit them with wheel spacers....just throwing that out there never tried with a dmax so really have no idea but, my bogger truck needed 1/4" spacers to fit 15's, you can also grind the callipers a bit too

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
15" rims will not fit..no way...they wont go over the rotors/calipers,

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I only have about 1/2" clearance with my rims...I was worried when I was getting ready to put them on. I wouldnt grind anything on the brake system...if you got in an accident and they saw that...bad day for you.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Darn now I will never get Daytons on the D-max :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts