Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. My name is Mike, I'm 29 and live in central NY. I've been around diesel trucks for years but finally just upgraded from my 15 Sierra 1500 all terrain to my 15 lml. I've wanted a diesel for years and finally found the right deal and a clean truck, which in NY is sometimes a challenge. When i bought the truck it was completely stock except for a small lift and wheels and tires. Since then, a few changes starting with exhaust. a few things fell off and I added a few others. I fell in love with it all over again. I am looking to eventually change the current lift to a 4-6" cognito. I also will be selling the wheels/tires and going with a more aggressive set up. I dont want a ton of offset like a lot of people do, just enough to have a nice stance and fit some wide rubber under it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new truck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I am excited to utilize all the knowledge on this forum! I plan on going with a 22x12 -40 wrapped in some 355/40r22. i like the look of the 355 because there is no stretch and the wheels will have some protection. I don't want to go anymore aggressive than -40 I have never been a fan of the look where most of the tire sticks out. Any input/thoughts are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Never been a fan of the all rim and little rubber look, but to each their own...

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Lml_dnali said:
Enjoying the NY fall weather before the snow falls.
I'll be driving to Upstate NY for a couple of weeks on Friday (Catskill/Albany area to visit family, Schoharie/Cobleskill area to look at new modular homes and Vermont to visit for a few days). Hoping for decent weather to see the mountains in fall. I already got some cold weather alerts on my weather app. If all goes well, swinging through NC on the return trip to pick-up a new Ranger bay boat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be driving to Upstate NY for a couple of weeks on Friday (Catskill/Albany area to visit family, Schoharie/Cobleskill area to look at new modular homes and Vermont to visit for a few days). Hoping for decent weather to see the mountains in fall. I already got some cold weather alerts on my weather app. If all goes well, swinging through NC on the return trip to pick-up a new Ranger bay boat.
Awesome! You should be up here during prime fall foliage, if you're into that sort of thing. NY definitely has a lot to offer, if you can deal with the taxes/laws.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never been a fan of the all rim and little rubber look, but to each their own...
I have never been a fan either, but I also love the look of 22x12. So i figure with the 355 adding a little more meat to the sidewall, it will look more like the tire belongs on that wheel. I have been considering 325/50 as well but I think id have to do even more trimming seeing as I only want to go on a 4" lift.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Awesome! You should be up here during prime fall foliage, if you're into that sort of thing. NY definitely has a lot to offer, if you can deal with the taxes/laws.
Born in NYC and grew up in Upstate NY. I've been in Fla. about 20 years now. My g/f will be freezing her behind off, but she'll enjoy the views. Looking forward to going home.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sub a dub dub. Good lookin truck man. I want to run that set up on my truck so bad, but being lowered it'll rub like a b**ch lol

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thanks guys, I am excited to utilize all the knowledge on this forum! I plan on going with a 22x12 -40 wrapped in some 355/40r22. i like the look of the 355 because there is no stretch and the wheels will have some protection. I don't want to go anymore aggressive than -40 I have never been a fan of the look where most of the tire sticks out. Any input/thoughts are appreciated.
Nice rig. I hope you like washing your truck because with that setup, shit is going to get thown all over down the side of the truck. That's going to stick out 4-5". Depending how high you set the lift, you're going to have to do a fender mod, space the bumper, and possibly trim the bumper. Picture is of my '18 with -44 offset 22x12's and 325/55s. I liked the look, just didn't like washing it constantly lol.

Next setup I'm looking at is going to be 10" wide because of those exact reasons.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice rig. I hope you like washing your truck because with that setup, shit is going to get thown all over down the side of the truck. That's going to stick out 4-5". Depending how high you set the lift, you're going to have to do a fender mod, space the bumper, and possibly trim the bumper. Picture is of my '18 with -44 offset 22x12's and 325/55s. I liked the look, just didn't like washing it constantly lol.

Next setup I'm looking at is going to be 10" wide because of those exact reasons.
I got 10 wides now and i can promise you that you're going to have the same issue.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I’ve had 10 wides and they don’t stick out nearly as much and don’t require nearly as much trimming.
Agreed only thing i trimmed was the valance, shaved the inside lip of the front bumper, & cut the bottom of the plastic trim molding. Prolly going to do the norcal mod on the rear once the Nitto 420s wear out so i can put some of the new Nitto 420v on there. They got load F in 34x12.5r22 compared to my XL31.8x12r22 im running now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sub a dub dub. Good lookin truck man. I want to run that set up on my truck so bad, but being lowered it'll rub like a b**ch lol
Thanks man. Honestly i think ive spent 20+ hours on custom offsets site looking at different setups and how they look. I definitely dont want them to stick out TOO much, ive never liked that look. I wish i could run a 12 wide with -25 offset or something with a 4" lift but im sure id have to cut half my dang fender out.

Im still debating just leveling it and running 22x10. I rarely drive my truck in the rain, only if I NEED it which is rare lately.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Ive never been afraid to wash my truck :grin2: and I rarely drive it in the rain. But im still so torn between setups and cant get myself to pull the trigger on one. UGH

1 - 20 of 50 Posts