Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 gmc denali lml dmax. Truck was fully delted, 5 inch straight pipe, 66mm turbo, ppei tunes. All work was done in april this year and truck has ran fine until last week when temperature dropped below 50 degrees started running intermittent and loses power and has a bad vibration. But when it warms up above 50 degrees it runs fine again. Any tips?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sounds like your fuel has gelled. Try getting your truck into a heated garage and add a healthy dose of anti gel like Power Service or Lucas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gelling at 50 degree's (F I assume :) ) seems unlikely. I assume this is outside temp and it run poorly until the outside temp gets up around 50?

Not an expert here - just trying to clarify.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Not gelling at that temperature.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Change fuel filter. Add anti gel. Buy good fuel. Check for air leak. Bad o ring could leak when cold.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Gelling at 50 degree's (F I assume :) ) seems unlikely. I assume this is outside temp and it run poorly until the outside temp gets up around 50?

Not an expert here - just trying to clarify.
LOL, yes you're right. We have had some nut numbing temps around here lately and forgot about the rest of the country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts