Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2016 2500HD Duramax
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im new to the forum, hope someone can help me out.

Doug rear pads and rotors on my 2016 2500hd lml. I can tell the rear wheels had never been pulled off for any sort of reason on this truck prior to my buying. Everything was quite corroded and rusted. Ended up gettin the wheel of with some persuasion as well as caliper and caliper bracket. The part giving me an issue is the rotor and the stupid shoes on the inside of it for the Ebrake. I backed off the tensioner screw. Pounded on it for quite some time, and well as screwing bolts Into the two holes on the face of the rotor. I have had no luck getting this thing off. The shoes are loose I can tell and the rotor does wiggle and pull away from the hub. But I can feel a springy tension on it when I pull it away. Not sure if anyone else has had problems with their 2016 but if anyone has any advice or tips anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ethan
Rust Synthetic rubber Tread Still life photography Pipe
Rust Synthetic rubber Tread Still life photography Pipe

· Registered
335 Posts
Now is the time to let out all your anger and hit that sum B as hard as you can. As bad as that all looks you might need new parking brake shoes anyways. Or don't put new ones on and leave them out. When I worked in the shop hitting rotors off and ball joints out was some of the best fun I had working on midwestern rust buckets. I've hit rotor faces so hard they have broken off. I don't see any actual dents in yours, let it out bro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.