Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fellas,
Never really did an introduction, but I've seen sneaking around on the forum for the past couples years and finally decided to join this year. Names Cody, 26 years old and enjoy learning, talking truck stuff, and helping out when i can. I got a 16 LML that I plan on keeping for a long time and I have an issue with not being able to leave things alone so i figured I'd start a build thread on how the truck progresses in the future. I work night shift as an engineer and at times can be pretty slow so i stay occupied on here most nights. Anyways, ill post some pics of the truck now and some later on of the stuff i have done as of now and see where this thread goes. Let the fun begin.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Sub a dub dub

Reactions: Sierraluva

·
Premium Member
9,019 Posts
Good looking truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Sub'd. Sharp rig!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I wish I was 26 yrs old with an LML. ::::sigh::::: :)

Reactions: BOWTIE67

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Very nice looking truck, I got my first duramax (07classic lbz brand new) when I was 20 and I've been hooked on diesels ever since lol. Gotta say that my current 16 lml HC is about the nicest most powerful one yet. Love it

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments fellas. First diesel I ever owned was a 6.0 power stroke when i was 17. Even tho that thing was the biggest POS I've ever owned i loved the power it had at the time. Got the thing bullet proofed and shortly after ended bending the push rods in 2 different directions. Got back in a 2013 F-250 when i was 20 and ended up selling to a dealership and found my LML on craigslist with a guy that his wife wanted it gone so i ended up getting it bone stock with 6K miles on it for $8k less than the NADA price.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The most recent mod I got done. Had the orange reflector removed and replaced with a Klearz lense and added the Denali logo over it. The amber bulb was replaced with a chrome coated amber bulb that only turns on when the blinker is on or when you initially unlock/lock the truck. Getting a switch back bulb put in shortly once it arrives that will function as the original did. Phil over at fast headlights is the guy that did the work. Think this simple mod goes a long ways on the look of the front of the truck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I am in. Nice truck.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The most recent mod I got done. Had the orange reflector removed and replaced with a Klearz lense and added the Denali logo over it. The amber bulb was replaced with a chrome coated amber bulb that only turns on when the blinker is on or when you initially unlock/lock the truck. Getting a switch back bulb put in shortly once it arrives that will function as the original did. Phil over at fast headlights is the guy that did the work. Think this simple mod goes a long ways on the look of the front of the truck.
Contemplating tackling that myself. Was it expensive to have them swapped out?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contemplating tackling that myself. Was it expensive to have them swapped out?
He charges a $300 service/build fee, the Klearz lenses are $95, the chrome amber bulb is $25 or the switchback bulb is $45. I know you have to bake them in the oven to get them apart and he did a couple things with the wiring. For the piece of mind and the price to replace these headlights I figured I'd let him do it. If you want i can get a price for you from one of my other buddies that does it as well. Phil at fast headlights already had a set so i didn't have to pull mine to get built, i just swung by his house and we swapped em out in about 30 min.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
He charges a $300 service/build fee, the Klearz lenses are $95, the chrome amber bulb is $25 or the switchback bulb is $45. I know you have to bake them in the oven to get them apart and he did a couple things with the wiring. For the piece of mind and the price to replace these headlights I figured I'd let him do it. If you want i can get a price for you from one of my other buddies that does it as well. Phil at fast headlights already had a set so i didn't have to pull mine to get built, i just swung by his house and we swapped em out in about 30 min.
Well that isn’t too terrible. If you wanted to PM me a price and info I’d be interested. That damn amber reflector irks me lol. Yours looks good without it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that isn’t too terrible. If you wanted to PM me a price and info I’d be interested. That damn amber reflector irks me lol. Yours looks good without it.
HAHA yea it drove me nuts too, so i finally decided to take care of it plus its hella cheaper than a trans or injectors. Ill get with one of my other buddies that does it as well and PM you a price once he responds.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks great, bud.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! My truck is just like yours.
I will be tearing into my headlights when I get home. Going to add the switch backs and get rid of the bulb blinker. I am however going to paint the inside black.
I also got the switchbacks for my mirror to match the headlights. Just need the time to put them in!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’ll look good man. I was going to go that route as well but ended up being scared it would be too black, but looking at then now with just the clear lense I wouldn’t be afraid to throw some paint into the mix

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great looking truck, I just picked up a 2015.5 Denali LML a few weeks ago myself, loving it so far. I've already gotten the windows tinted, upgraded all the bulbs to LED, blacked out my emblems, new floor liners and window visors. Now getting ready to order an exhaust and tune to delete the DPF. These are great trucks, I'm planning on keeping mine for quite awhile as well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nice truck brother! Seems like you're into cool mods, good deal.
I noticed you said you're an engineer and like to improve things. If you plan to play with tuning though, be careful and read a lot about the LML first. Don't burn a piston like I did, and that was just a 60HP tune. If you don't tow or don't tow much, that will definitely help.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts