Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
that looks beautiful, how did you add that DENALI logo there?
I didn’t physically do the work but what you would do is bake the headlight in the I
oven until the adhesive holding the lenses to the housing are soft enough to pry apart. Then you replace the orange reflector with a clear one from klearz and the Denali logo is just a vinyl sticker. A guy named Phil that owns Fastheadlights did mine out of South Carolina.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn’t physically do the work but what you would do is bake the headlight in the I
oven until the adhesive holding the lenses to the housing are soft enough to pry apart. Then you replace the orange reflector with a clear one from klearz and the Denali logo is just a vinyl sticker. A guy named Phil that owns Fastheadlights did mine out of South Carolina.
How much did he charge you?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Love this truck

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh boy! There's no looking back now buddy!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Figured since the truck is down and getting a little more pep in her step I’m gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on some wheels so I can run the 420v’s again. I was stuck between the 849 & 850s. The 849’s look like the forces I had but they are on backorder so I’ll prolly go with the 850s. LMK know what y’all think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,025 Posts
What size wheel will you be getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Trans is ordered from Suncoast. Decided to go fully billet and hopefully not have to worry about it again. Went with the 1074 converter 2200-2400 stall. Got 9 gallons of their fluid for free if you did deep pan so went ahead and did the deep pan. Can’t wait til ol girl is up and running.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Trans is ordered from Suncoast. Decided to go fully billet and hopefully not have to worry about it again. Went with the 1074 converter 2200-2400 stall. Got 9 gallons of their fluid for free if you did deep pan so went ahead and did the deep pan. Can’t wait til ol girl is up and running.
Hell yeah man that's awesome!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,025 Posts
That things gonna be a party!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Built trans, bigger sticks, might wanna buy 2 sets if 420 V's. Lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
That things gonna be a party!

I’m hoping so. My buddy that’s doin the work has a 66/84 compound kit off his lml he’s offered to sell me the atmosphere and piping to go compounds but I’m not sure if I want to do that or go single s400

·
Premium Member
9,025 Posts
I’m hoping so. My buddy that’s doin the work has a 66/84 compound kit off his lml he’s offered to sell me the atmosphere and piping to go compounds but I’m not sure if I want to do that or go single s400
Sooooo... I know this guy that’s selling a really nice big compound kit right now. Might break a crank tho.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
We’ll just about every wheel I was looking at was out of stock so I finally needed up getting the last set of 20x10 dropstars I could find. Ended up being cheaper compared to the XD’s and they still look good IMO. Ended up getting them for $253 a wheel which I thought was pretty dang good. Should be coming in today.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts