Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

16 LML w/ a Never Satisfied Owner

37K views 228 replies 30 participants last post by  denarli6.6 
#1 ·
Howdy fellas,
Never really did an introduction, but I've seen sneaking around on the forum for the past couples years and finally decided to join this year. Names Cody, 26 years old and enjoy learning, talking truck stuff, and helping out when i can. I got a 16 LML that I plan on keeping for a long time and I have an issue with not being able to leave things alone so i figured I'd start a build thread on how the truck progresses in the future. I work night shift as an engineer and at times can be pretty slow so i stay occupied on here most nights. Anyways, ill post some pics of the truck now and some later on of the stuff i have done as of now and see where this thread goes. Let the fun begin.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Very nice looking truck, I got my first duramax (07classic lbz brand new) when I was 20 and I've been hooked on diesels ever since lol. Gotta say that my current 16 lml HC is about the nicest most powerful one yet. Love it

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Thanks for the compliments fellas. First diesel I ever owned was a 6.0 power stroke when i was 17. Even tho that thing was the biggest POS I've ever owned i loved the power it had at the time. Got the thing bullet proofed and shortly after ended bending the push rods in 2 different directions. Got back in a 2013 F-250 when i was 20 and ended up selling to a dealership and found my LML on craigslist with a guy that his wife wanted it gone so i ended up getting it bone stock with 6K miles on it for $8k less than the NADA price.

#9 · (Edited)
The most recent mod I got done. Had the orange reflector removed and replaced with a Klearz lense and added the Denali logo over it. The amber bulb was replaced with a chrome coated amber bulb that only turns on when the blinker is on or when you initially unlock/lock the truck. Getting a switch back bulb put in shortly once it arrives that will function as the original did. Phil over at fast headlights is the guy that did the work. Think this simple mod goes a long ways on the look of the front of the truck.

Attachments

#10 ·
I am in. Nice truck.

#21 ·
Nice truck man

Reactions: denarli6.6
#22 ·
Well today I can say I finally got got again by the lovely Po Po in my county. The thing that really gets me is that the cop was parked in a school zone where kids are leaving school crossing the streets and he still felt the need to leave his post by the kids and give me a window tint ticket instead of ensuring the safety of kids lives. Guess we can see where the priorities are here. SMH

Attachments

#29 ·
Been about a month since I picked up the head lights so I'm pretty much starting to get the itch again to do something else to the truck LOL. Been debating on getting a new L5P hood and have the chrome insert painted to match as well or doing a single off-center stack in the bed. Hell, I even thought about doing a hood stack out the old hood for a little but came to the realization that would get old very quick. Anybody have an experience to share with stacks????

#30 ·
Got home from work this morning and pulled some tape and laid out where the stack in the bed would go and the hole to be cut........Don't think I'm willing to commit to making a 5 1/2 to 6" hole in my bed just yet. Guess its to looking like an L5P hood is in the near future

#32 ·
Anyone in the southeast running a S300 (ideally a S366), injectors, and built trans?? Tryin to see if I'd be content with this set up or should i bump up to a S400 frame/ larger charger. Like to try and meet up and see how this set up runs. Thanks in advance

#34 ·
Ain't really posted anything in a while about the truck. Here's a pic of the truck now that its back on stocks with 35x12.50's w/ 2" rear drop shackles. Really diggin the stock look again. Prolly going to go 325/60 or maybe even 37's once these wear out (about 50% life left). I have plenty of room since i did a little trimming for my other set up i was running. Cut the bottom part of the plastic fender molding, trimmed the part of the bumper that rolls inward, & zip tied the front part of fender liner forward.

Attachments

#37 ·
Subbed, not sure how I missed this thread. Truck looks good on both wheel setups, real clean! I'm moving soon and wondering if my offset days are over, not sure how strict they are where I'm headed

#38 ·
I appreciate it man. In my county they've only ever said something to me about it if i was getting pulled over for something else like speeding haha & I was running 12 wides on 37s at the time. Cop just hinted at some fender flares, never heard of them actually targeting a truck round here just for the offset tho. It is kinda nice not having stuff flying all down the side of the truck tho with the positive offset.

#40 ·
Well this is probably the longest stretch I've ever gone without doing any mods/ upgrades to the truck. Part of life I guess. Been trying to work a deal on a built trans by All In that has less than 1k miles on it that my buddy had before he windowed his block & a mishimoto intercooler. he ran. Only update to the truck is I did find the time to install a gauge on the air dog line to check fuel pressure coming from the lift pump. Hopefully a built trans will be coming soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.