·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
They're back in the super secret section, with the lift kits and 33s. :howdy

Reactions: Nitro Junkie

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Maxd out had stock axles, rear, driveshaft, etc. Built engine, built transmission, still leaf springs.
My race truck has done 146 via gps in the Corvette it beat in mexico ;)
Not surprised about stock axles and driveshaft. The engines aren't going to turn enough RPM to spin it apart. The axles are built for heavy towing so their plenty strong. Leaf springs are adequate with a good ladder bar setup.

I've had my LBZ up to 115 and I don't think I'd want to go any faster leveled with AT tires. I'm used to driving an 11k lb LMM that feels as planted as a train. My CCSB LBZ feels super loose in comparison and makes me a little nervous sometimes if I get a little carried away on occasion or if I have to brake hard because of some dipshit. What scares me is the aero at those speeds getting under the truck and deloading the tires. That, and the tire speed rating of course.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
You'll need the "I ain't Skeered" password.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Maybe minus the CBD enhancement in all of their beverages. :wink2:
CBD has zero psychotropic affect. I've had 344mg at a time, which is 10-20 times what gives most people a subtle calming affect, trying to sleep and it did nothing. It also partially negates the effects of THC.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Seen that truck over a Firebird a few times now! Fastest Ive been was 168 on a bike, it is a little scary at first. gets easier every time you do it though. On my bike it was harder to maintain control on slowing down than getting there, we call it Death Wobble for a reason. If you dont pray you will soon learn, I did! Speed rated tires are a must!

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
Why didn't my LT3 come with a roll bar?. I looked on gmpartsdirect in the accessories section, couldn't find it. Do you have the part number?

I'd pay money to ride shotgun in that thing. :gearjamin
I believe All In Truck Performance bought maxed out so it's down in Seminole Texas now.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
1/4 mile times and speed.
CBD along with the other mind boggling stuff, I'm just not a fan of these laws coming into effect just for the pot heads, so far pretty much every state that has them has had a few issues.
Most feeling they should be able to work and drive while being stoned. 'dunno; 'uhNo just my opinion.
Being a retired teamster with all the random testing pretty much throws those thoughts out, even no pain killers when I had my hips replaced.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I don't think you understand what CBD is. It does not boggle the mind. It does not get you high at all in any way shape or form, period, no matter how much you take. THC is what get's you high. And I agree, no one should be driving on it.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Both Daughter in-laws use it and both are acting more goofy every day, one talked my oldest son to use it, it showed he stopped.

My opinion and yours will never change, I was brought up during the "Woodstock" era and Vietnam, seen enough for a lifetime.

Most never will admit that they have noticed any changes other than they think that they are feeling much better, which wasn't a clue enough for them.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
I survived your era.....some of us studied up on it all more.

....CBD along with the other mind boggling stuff.......just for the pot heads,
Mixing up your biology.
CBD is derived from Hemp....different plant altogether, has less than 0.01% THC (vs the high grade 'evil' that can run 18-29%).

Those who have found it to be a miracle cure (where HIGH dosage pharmaceuticals have failed) for themselves or their children (Autism/ASD), would highly disagree with being narrow-mindedly lumped into a perceived stoner group.

I think you'd be amazed at how many ultra straitlaced people you might know and associate with on a daily basis, are regular consumers of CBD, or any of the many variants, CBN - CBC - CBG.

Edit; Everyone's body metabolizes it differently. There is no common dose, or common % strength. One must start slow with small doses, gradually increasing over a 2-4 week period, to find your needed dosage...or method of use; topical, orally, etc.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I survived your era.....some of us studied up on it all more.

Mixing up your biology.
CBD is derived from Hemp....different plant altogether, has less than 0.01% THC (vs the high grade 'evil' that can run 18-29%).

Those who have found it to be a miracle cure (where HIGH dosage pharmaceuticals have failed) for themselves or their children (Autism/ASD), would highly disagree with being narrow-mindedly lumped into a perceived stoner group.

I think you'd be amazed at how many ultra straitlaced people you might know and associate with on a daily basis, are regular consumers of CBD, or any of the many variants, CBN - CBC - CBG.

Edit; Everyone's body metabolizes it differently. There is no common dose, or common % strength. One must start slow with small doses, gradually increasing over a 2-4 week period, to find your needed dosage...or method of use; topical, orally, etc.
DUUUUUDDDDEEEE I love CBD!! Off to Taco Bell WOAHHAAAA!! Most excellent buddage!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Hook is spot on.

I have members of my family that have tried almost every known drug to man that had no effect in relief of pain and/or other various ailments.

In an act of sheer desperation my family members have tried CBD that has aided greatly without any of the effects of getting high or goofy.

For those that have no experience with CBD, I can only hope that neither you nor your family ever have the need to use the stuff. For those that have seen the need to use CBD, it has proven have incredible value added in the health care arena.

Now back to talking about trucks.......

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Both Daughter in-laws use it and both are acting more goofy every day, one talked my oldest son to use it, it showed he stopped.

My opinion and yours will never change, I was brought up during the "Woodstock" era and Vietnam, seen enough for a lifetime.

Most never will admit that they have noticed any changes other than they think that they are feeling much better, which wasn't a clue enough for them.
I won't argue whether or not they acted goofy. You know them and was there, I wasn't. If they did, it was either because 1. Due to the stigma attached to it, there may have been a placebo effect. Ever known someone who started acting drunk as soon as there's a drink in their hand even though they haven't had but one sip? I have, my mother is like that. As soon as there's a beer in her hand, she acts shitfaced, and believe me, she is no lightweight. She can drink a 12 pack and a bottle of wine in one night, easy. Or 2, Because they felt some relief from anxiety, they felt more free to be themselves. No different than having a relaxing time in a comfortable situation. CBD has been studied with doses up to 800 mg per day with zero psychotropic effect. Most bottles of CBD only have 200-300mg in the whole bottle. I've had 344mg at one time, more than once, just trying to sleep and I don't even notice it.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
This thread has everything, doesn't it? Home built planes, chase trucks, drag trucks, CBD, pot, alcohol.

Reactions: JimmyD

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Because they felt some relief from anxiety, (of dealing with Dad).
:rofl

21 - 40 of 63 Posts