Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
This is true, species not finished products. But rarely in equal amounts.
And none of the commercially available CBD products, produced from the Hemp species.

Premium Member
Exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to go there, lmao! I also thought maybe they're into weed and told dad it was just CBD because they knew how he'd react. If so, it's a shame that they're creating misinformation.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Yeah, there's a lot of that with the Vaping.....hiding the 'evil' by saying it's CBD.

Registered
When you get some spare time you might consider getting more info beyond the people pushing CDB that won鈥檛 tell you.
CBD use also carries some risks.
Though it's often well-tolerated, CBD can cause side effects, such as dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue. CBD can also interact with other medications you're taking, such as blood thinners.
One of the other risks overtime is liver toxicity.

I鈥檓 on blood thinners.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
I鈥檓 on blood thinners.
which can also cause liver and kidney issues over time.

CBD is also used my some to lower their blood pressure. So there's another conflict.

Premium Member
47 posts and no sign of the OP. I'd say this thread is officially hijacked, lol.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
What was the topic?
Oh yeah...the need for speed. :teehee

Registered
Not on my low dose INR tested monthly along with a full blood work up being tested every 6 months.

So now besides being a diesel master your also licensed to give out medical advice. roffle

I think I鈥檒l just stick with the medical advice I鈥檝e been given on this subject by my real doctors. :wink2:

It won鈥檛 be my problem.

Premium Member
Not on my low dose INR tested monthly along with a full blood work up being tested every 6 months.

So now besides being a diesel master your also licensed to give out medical advice. roffle

I think I鈥檒l just stick with the medical advice I鈥檝e been given on this subject by my real doctors. :wink2:

It won鈥檛 be my problem.
It's estimated that real doctors kill 200,000 to 400,000 people per year with mistakes in the US. They don't know for sure. The American Hospital Association says 98,000, still a shit-ton

According to the FDA, 100,000 Americans die from reactions, not overdoses, to prescription drugs each year.

No one has ever died from cannabis be it marijuana or CBD. But you go ahead and trust "real" doctors. lol

Premium Member
Besides... no one is giving you medical advice or telling you to try it. Just trying to clear up some misinformation.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
:rofl
Well...yeah.
You think you're the only one forced to go tripping down the happy Pharmaco lane?
:rolleyes:

In your quest to verify your deep seated bias, did it happen to occur to you that you might possibly be absorbing misinformation, created by those who only profit if they keep the status quo system in place with prescription drugs?

"Don't do it kids, you'll die of the Shiites'!" :rofl

"Don't play with that young man, you'll go blind!" ;angel

Finally! Wheels on!
Give up Hook. You know the type, never been wrong or proven wrong from behind the keyboard.

Maybe running the OPs truck on CBD plus propane injection will get the truck to 165mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
I'm not trying to change someone's mind, don't care. Just trying to be informative on something I've studied and worked with on/off for 40 years.

Hear the Banjos yet? :howdy

Registered
How much room do you have to do 165mph in? Going to eat up a lot of runway getting to 165 and a lot on the other end getting stopped.
Next, I fly jets. I can not imagine why you would need 165mph. Even what I fly near a runway environment would be less than 130mph (110-115 knots)
Finding tires certified for that speed can't be easy.
A 165mph 3/4 ton diesel truck?? Cool!!

Registered
I was going go say the same thing...lots of planes fly at 165+, and stall under 70.
Also, Angle of Attack is a function of several factors, angle relative to the ground is not one of them.

Premium Member
#57th post and still nothing from the OP. Maybe he was so drunk on CBD infused beer that he forgot about the thread.haha:

Premium Member
........Also, Angle of Attack is a function of several factors, angle relative to the ground is not one of them.
Actually, in large muti-engined aircraft, AOA is used as a backup in case of failure of both attitude indicators also known as horizontal situation indicators which provide pitch information in addition to horizontal information. In some aircraft these instruments are also known as flight directors.

In these cases, AOA is used to determine longitudinal relationship of the aircraft to the earth as well as approach speed to landing. Hence the name: Angle of Attack. :nerd:

Registered
In these cases, AOA is used to determine longitudinal relationship of the aircraft to the earth as well as approach speed to landing. Hence the name: Angle of Attack. :nerd:
Well, not really correct. AOA is the angle of relative wind to the airfoil - NOT earth.

Registered

..鈥︹. while consuming adult beverages the discussion turn to the idea...鈥.. please consume some adult beverages until it make sense then reply Thanks for any input 鈥
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with and frequently try your recommendation ( well..not within 8 hrs. of operating my own Duramax or my own airplane).

For safety's sake, I recommend you friend come up with a slower airplane for you to chase...MUCH slower. Say 70-80 mph.

My concern would be tires. Depending on what make and model tire, extreme speeds and the centrifugal loads could cause the tire to swell and start coming apart. Failure of a radial tire ( I presume your truck has radials) at any significant speed could cause serious, even catastrophic damage to your truck).

Sounds to me you have the best idea...a good supply of adult beverages.....with this qualification...don't go near a motor vehicle with that attitude...!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts