Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2017 slt canyon with 40k on it. Started to notice a whining noise the other day when I am accelerating. It is very loud when it is cold and as it warms up it gets better but doesn’t go away entirely. I don’t believe it goes away entirely when cruising but rpms are much lower so it’s way quieter. Wasn’t sure if maybe it was a pulley or pump. It almost sounds electronic and seems to be on the passenger side but hard to tell. Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check fluids, my wife's Acadia had a whining noise. Ended up power steering fluid was low.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey my 2016 colorado duramax z71 started doing the same thing a couple months ago. I started to check out some things and found a pulley was going out and the belt was starting to tear. So I replaced those hoping it would fix the whine. And of course it didnt.. it's still whining and sort of feels like a loss of power. Let me know if you solved your problem, I would appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts