Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Great idea!! does it have the o-ring with the 10MM bolt and just comes up higher ? Kinda like the old style motors?

·
Registered
999 Posts
thats cool, and cheaper than a new funnel to get down to the fill !! GREAT FIND !!! !

Reactions: jimmy.romero

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just received mine and installed it yesterday! Works great, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I got my tube extension and correct part number but cannot get it to screw into the motor , the cap fits it but no way can I make it go in ? any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
carhauler,
I installed mine on the 4500 and it fits perfectly It just goes in like the cap you removed and faces very slightly forward and to the left when it is installed. Doesn't really screw in-- just a half turn like the cap.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I can't figure it out , it has no room to get in there and twist in , I am guessing a 4500 has more room maybe I am just doing it wrong? I am going to try again

·
Registered
999 Posts
well I got the damn thing in and the ring is not quite seated but it won't come out now to fill with it, does not seem like it will leak at all we will see when I dump oil in , it was a MF to get in no room under firewall lip. But it's in as it has a lock to keep it in so its permanent now! These trucks are throw away anymore anyway, run to close to warranty and its gone!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
well I got the damn thing in and the ring is not quite seated but it won't come out now to fill with it, does not seem like it will leak at all we will see when I dump oil in , it was a MF to get in no room under firewall lip. But it's in as it has a lock to keep it in so its permanent now! These trucks are throw away anymore anyway, run to close to warranty and its gone!
Does it kinda face forward like aggie's picture ? All the 20's come with it and my 2019 3500 looked like the 4500 including the firewall lip.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Subd. Want one

Just found on gmpartsdirect.com for $4.95

·
Registered
999 Posts
It faces forward and to left , comes close to the bubble in the hood near the water drain, I would say it points 10:30 looking toward the front from firewall

·
Registered
999 Posts
does anyone but me hate the new forum format??

Reactions: CntrlCalDmax

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I hate it when things change-- like my age and ability to adapt.

Reactions: carhauler

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
I've already forgotten what the classic view was. :rolleyes:

Reactions: carhauler

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
You 'might' be biased.....

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
You 'might' be biased.....
More like forced immersion for 20hrs the 1st day, fixin' Admin stuff.
Very comfortable with the Dark mode....until I click on someone's link and suddenly get blinded by the light. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. Ordered mine from the dealer and installed today. Kind of a pain to get in as there isn’t much room in that area but got it in. Also looks like a tight fit when closing the hood but it closes. I’m pretty sure I’m rubbing the hood liner a little. This post belongs over in 17-19 L5P maybe more people would see it that would do the mod.

79D58676-2DC3-4CA1-AAB6-F51FC439B0EE.jpeg F2492ACC-8E5F-4D6A-83E0-D2B40AD7781E.jpeg

1 - 20 of 46 Posts