41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Old ass thread. Heavy wheel but I've run them on 2 trucks now. Leveled on 35x12.50 and lowered all the way on 33s (285/70) no rubbing on either truck except sway bar on the 35s.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,518 Posts
This thread dead? Can someone help me identify the wheels on the right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The wheels on the right are Boulder H2s, pretty highly sought after. I've been looking to buy a set for several years, most of the time people don't want to let go of them

·
Registered
5 Posts
The wheels on the right are Boulder H2s, pretty highly sought after. I've been looking to buy a set for several years, most of the time people don't want to let go of them
Thanks firefighter! Just got 2006 dmax and it's runnin 20" hostiles with street tires. Not really my style. Those boulders are friggin sweet and they're the 17" with 8x6.5 pattern?

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,518 Posts
Thanks firefighter! Just got 2006 dmax and it's runnin 20" hostiles with street tires. Not really my style. Those boulders are friggin sweet and they're the 17" with 8x6.5 pattern?

Yep, 17's with 8x6.5 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just have to trim down the back of the center caps and the stock caps work with these wheels also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this an old thread but I am posting to inform those whom may be contemplating. I put 275/70r17 on an 07 Sierra classic with no trimming or rubbing and am using oe mudflats. Upper control arms have 3/4 inch clearance from stops

·
Registered
35 Posts
Been running H2 wheels since I got my 07 Classic truck. Tire size 265/70/17 No clearance issues. My hunting buddy runs a set on his 08 with no issues
On my second set of tires, running Goodyear Duratrac's now, last set was BFG KO2's.
Duratrac tires bit more road noise but seem to have a more stiffer ride. BFG's were excellent in winter and I got 70,000 Kilometers ( 44,00 miles) doing good mix city, hiway and towing my toyhauler offroad in mud and snow with extra quads on my deck.
Changed to Goodyears as they were on 4 for 3 sale and better price this time then the BFG's.
IMHO as stated in an earlier posts these should have been the wheels offered with the truck.
I am using the stock centre caps with the tabs on the back ground off as in an earlier posts.
When I was looking originally for new wheels it was this forum and pics posted that lead me to look for a set to purchase. THANX
Going price here was $400 a set.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
We have the same truck in the same color and I'm looking to get the same wheels. I'd like to paint the inside and keep the machined lip and spokes just like yours too. That looks sharp, just what I'm looking for.

I don't plan to go to Alberta, Canada, so your look is safe.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I have two sets, a chrome set with summer tires and an "alloy" set mounted with winter tires. I paid $100 USD for the chromes and $150USD for the "alloys". They are heavy, you will never break them!! The alloy finish is more durable in harsh weather, especially road salt.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have two sets, a chrome set with summer tires and an "alloy" set mounted with winter tires. I paid $100 USD for the chromes and $150USD for the "alloys". They are heavy, you will never break them!! The alloy finish is more durable in harsh weather, especially road salt.
The ones I picked up yesterday are chrome. Not a big deal in Texas with milder winters. I'll put AT's on them, leaning toward General Grabber ATX.

Heavy, yes, with a 4500lb rating. Wheels seem to be more expensive in TX. Got mine (free of any damage, not even curb rash) for $300 but the guy threw in some axis deer meat - steak and hamburger! He's a hunter. The wheels are popular with off roaders using 1 ton axles. He's building 2 jeeps but went a different route with the wheels and never used them though he bought them used.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been running my H2 Boulder wheels with modified stock center caps for nearly 10 years now.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been running the H2 wheels with the stock Chevy center caps since I’ve had the truck. Used to run 305/65’s and had to trim a little even though the truck is leveled. Running 285/70’s now. Love these wheels. Would like to get them powder coated for a more professional look.

Attachments

41 - 58 of 58 Posts