Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 hd I had to Have the heads resurfaced shortly later my CP4 went out so I change that out to A cp3 got a lift pump but I think it’s running terrible and still using little bit of antifreeze any suggestionsI took it back to the shop where he fixed the heads and he said yeah you’re right it’s not running as strong as it used to but that’s it he said nothing was wrong with it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like the heads aren't right. Are you losing coolant into the exhaust system or are you seeing milkshake?
What is your coolant pressure?
What does the coolant reservoir look like? If your coolant is black there could be exhaust leaking into the coolant.
In the morning after the truck has sat, squeeze the upper coolant hose. If it's hard you likely have exhaust pressure in the coolant system.
Also try to search your symptoms. There is alot of information available.
It definitely sounds like that shop isn't the most honest. But If you walk in there with a good confirmed diagnosis it will be more difficult for them to bs you.
Make them warranty their work.

2011 Crew Cab Z71 stock purchased with 110k miles.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
For that money, they would be looking at it right then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you have any better description of the issues you're having other than "not right".

2011 Crew Cab Z71 stock purchased with 110k miles.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Take it back to the shop that did the work. It should be right for all the money you spent. If they can't get it to run right, then tell them to take it to a diesel shop and have it fixed right. They should pay!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Original shop should be standing behind his work. Him/they not offering to make things right of their own volition should not have been the end of the conversation. Although by the OP’s original post it sounds like he let that be the end of that discussion. Shop or owner should have some kind of warranty period because mistakes will happen. But if he is not willing to force the issue that owner will be more then happy to leave everything as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 GMC Sierra 3500HD
2 Posts
Original shop should be standing behind his work. Him/they not offering to make things right of their own volition should not have been the end of the conversation. Although by the OP’s original post it sounds like he let that be the end of that discussion.

Shop or owner should have some kind of warranty period because mistakes will happen.

But if he is not willing to force the issue that owner will be more then happy to leave everything as is.
For more information on exhaust system please visit the website here www.jeepzine.com/best-exhaust-system-for-jeep-wrangler/
How do you tell if a head gasket is blown?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts