Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? 18" wheels with 285\60\18 are the setup. Leveling kit on a 2009.

Opinions.....

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Well depends on the look you want really. They will be about an 1" taller than the factory 245's, but about 1.5 inches wider. Also they will be just a little shorter than a 265/75R16:drink

I think they would look good, but I would hold off on raising it "truck" too much until you had them mounted on the truck. That way you do not raise it up so much as they look small:drink

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just hoping it wasn't going to look cookie cutter like the stock do. I will have the leveling kit done once the wheels are ordered that way the bumpers can be trimmed if need be.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I run the same size and I think it looks awesome. The extra width takes away from the cookie cutter look.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I think it'll look good. That should give you a good look of some wheel and some tire rather than all wheel or all tire if you went to big or small. You could probably get away with a 285/65 and not have to worry about rub. My 285/70's just barely rub, just a teeny bit and I'm basically stock height.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jmazz.... do I need to reset my speedo now?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
i just put in the new size on my PPE and it changed it for me. It wasn't off by much at all anyway.

·
Registered
554 Posts
lot of my friends have that set up, looks sweet. you'll be far from cookie cutter look.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
anything 285 is going to take away from the cookie cutter look. try the 285/70 and hope for the best, you can always take them off if they dont fit :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics anyone??????
18" wheels

Just ordered the rims and tires.... Finally!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jmaz what rubber do you have on the wheels?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
jmaz what rubber do you have on the wheels?
I have some Coopers that I want to burn. They are horrible in anything but dry weather.

i almost got stuck in a wet spot in my yard.

But what can I expect for wheels/tires for 1300 shipped from CA to IL.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have some Coopers that I want to burn. They are horrible in anything but dry weather.

i almost got stuck in a wet spot in my yard.

But what can I expect for wheels/tires for 1300 shipped from CA to IL.
Just picked up my set of rims and tires from Cali for $1500 with Nitto's

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Just picked up my set of rims and tires from Cali for $1500 with Nitto's
Yeah there Trail Grapplers will be my next tires.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What size of tires are those and have you done anything as far as leveling or cranked the tosrion bars or anything?
Nice Ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea if i had 18 on my old truck .. i wish i would have got 20's got to cardomain.com type in search box Procompz71 you will find white 03 z71 thats mine you could get a idea off that .. the truck had a 4" lift and its a 1500 not a 2500

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.