Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new this site and trying to learn some thing about my 06 2500 crew cab duramax. Where is everyboby getting the info like LBZ ect. and 6 speed 1000? I know I have a 6 speed auto but I dont know where the 1000 or LBZ comes from.

Jeff

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off welcome to the site...good ??'s...they have 4 different duramax's since they first built them in 2001 so they have different names for the different engines and the one you have is the LBZ with the allison series 1000 tranny seeing allison builds ton of different tranny for different trucks including semis school buses and the bigger gm trucks so they have different names for different trannys..hope this makes sense and anwser some of those ?'s
here is a link to another thread that will anwser some more questions that you had..let me know if you don't get them all anwsered..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Well, the allison is the 1000. That's the model number of the tranny. As far as LBZ, that is the code that GM uses for one version of the duramax. The way you find out which engine you have is to look that the 8th digit of the VIN. Here is the list of what engine you got:

1=LB7
2=LLY
D=LBZ
6=LMM

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next question is who makes the MBRP exhaust
and how can I contact them for a purchase?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Not to be a [email protected]$$, MBRP makes their own stuff. Check with site sponsors. I know dieselnut handles MBRP. Check the top line of the forum homepage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can check the mbrp website. They have a dealer locator. If you want to try and buy your stuff local. There are plenty of sponsors that sell their products also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at some delete pipes. I wonder what taking the muffler and cat out would sound like. I dont want the sound of a dodge but I would like the better pulling power.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
That would sound pretty good. I have heard a LBZ straight piped and it sounded awesome. I haven't rode in one, but I know on my LB7 the straight piped exhaust wasn't much louder cruising....but if you got to about 2200 rpms and above it was pretty loud inside the cab.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No worries about sounding like a dodge. Unless you unbolt half your engine compartment to get the "rattle"lol.:rof The Duramax is not that loud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopfully taking the cat. and the muffler out will not throw any fault codes?:confused:

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
There are parts to take care of that too. I have heard that some trucks won't throw the codes and some will. Kennedydiesel.com has the parts that you need with the instructions online.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the info. I will oder the delete pipes soon and try it out. Then if I get a code involving that issue the fix is cheap enough. This is a great site and im glad I found it. I am a member of a simular site the involves Donzi boats and it is great also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you do the pipes yet? How does it sound? By the way how do you like your Regency package? I just got a 07 Badlander seems like they do a nice job so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NO PEPS YET BUT HOPEFULLY SOON. TOO MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE AT THIS TIME:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts