Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any input on what size tire /wheel combo will work on the 07.5 2500 to fill the big ol wheel well.
Considered Nitto 285/65/R18 on MKW M25 8 lug 18x8.5 with 10 offset. Could I go Bigger than 32.5 with out hacking or lifting?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the biggest you will be able to fit on a stock truck will be a 32" tire but with a leveling kit you can fit up to 33's if the offset isn't to high.if you go with the 18's you might as well go a tad bit bigger and have some 20's.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
a +10 to a +25 will work with out a problem but to make a 32.7" tire fit you wil have to turn the T/Bars up a little and with a +20 to +25 offset on the wheel you will probalily need a regular leveling kit to make it work..hope this helps and makes sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That helps. This is the first Chevy truck that I have owned :gearjamin and don't know much about the torsion bars. What does it take to adjust them? Is it just crank them tighter or is there more to it?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Jack the front end up so there is no weight on the front tires and turn each adjustment bolt equal turns, tighter to raise the truck and looser to lower. 18mm socket to do the job!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I put on a set of 285/65 R18 E Nitto Terra Grapplers on Chrome Predator Rims with +25 offeset. Had to crank up the T bars so they wouldn't rub on inner driverside fenderwell. The ride is a little stiff that way. Talked to the manager at Discount Tire and he is getting me the 285/60 R18 E. It will give me an xtra 1/2" of room so I can take some pressure off the T bars for a better ride.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't want a stiffer ride and I prefer the nose down look anyway like a street rod - level when towing that way too. Don't want to be arse end down when loaded. My 18's work fine - slight rub when cranked all the way backiing up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts