Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Do a search n here, some has done it and it’s very expensive. The ride is worse, but the mileage on tires go up.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Big expense, rougher ride, more stable with heavy loads, longer tire life and look great. I got 65,000 out of my set of Goodyears with 50% of that loaded Heavy and towing. The tire can get old before the tread wears out depending on climate, storage, weight on them, and tire type. The Goodyears have a UV guard in them to help the breakdown.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
^^This^^

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Why don’t you just go with 20’s probably less hassle and easily available.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
That might be hard to find except for RV and trailer tires, just curious why do you feel the need for G rated on your truck.
If this is for your truck there's several 20's available that have a load rating close to what a F would be' and even G's.
If you have the $$$ to spend, I guess, you must want the look of the wheels that usually go with 19.5's.
I'd be concerned going with the conversion hauling weight, if your truck was built this way it'd be safe, conversion 'dunno;

The general rule if you are able to get higher mileage out of tires which usually has harder rubber which = not so great traction on wet roads or off road.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Looking for load capacity. Haven't found any 20's with a G rating
And I doubt you will, 18" and 20" are considered light duty, and 19.5" are considered medium duty. If you need G or H load ranges you'll have to go to 19.5, most likely.

That said, there are load range E tires that fit 20" wheels that have load capacities of over 4k lbs. Example: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Defender+LTX+M/S&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=965R0DLTX&tab=Sizes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts