Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax crewcab SLT on July 31, 2015. I thought that with the date being a Thursday that maybe the order would officially go in early the next week....I was told a wait of 8-12 weeks is the norm when ordering....It is now 19 weeks and I still have no word. I even paid them the $1000 ordering deposit!

I doubt that this is the norm, I am just wondering if I have the record?
I phoned the dealer today finally and they were to phone me back by the end of the day...guess what they never called back. I am really patient but I kinda feel used and definitely forgotten about. I am going to phone tomorrow and this time press for answers. I am not mad that it has been 19 weeks, but I am upset that I have no updates...I did not even receive the info for me to track my order. (At least I do not think so.)

Sorry....I am just rambling and complaining.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Are you sure they actually ordered it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that is just it....I assumed that they ordered it soon after they took my $1000 deposit....why take my money then? I have a feeling they either did not order it in a timely fashion or forgot. The weird thing is that I have been in contact with the dealer, especially in September, inquiring about accessories and I even gave my salesman a list of every accessory that I want installed. You would think that he would of told me at any one of those times that ..." Oh by the way...we have not ordered the truck yet"

I hope I get some answers to my questions tomorrow.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I ordered my Denali on 11/9 and it is arriving at the dealer today. I would demand my money back and find another dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sounds like they either didn't order it or they placed it on the stock order rather than Retail Sold. Mine was at my dealer in 4 1/2 weeks!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I ordered a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax crewcab SLT on July 31, 2015. I thought that with the date being a Thursday that maybe the order would officially go in early the next week....I was told a wait of 8-12 weeks is the norm when ordering....It is now 19 weeks and I still have no word. I even paid them the $1000 ordering deposit!

I doubt that this is the norm, I am just wondering if I have the record?
I phoned the dealer today finally and they were to phone me back by the end of the day...guess what they never called back. I am really patient but I kinda feel used and definitely forgotten about. I am going to phone tomorrow and this time press for answers. I am not mad that it has been 19 weeks, but I am upset that I have no updates...I did not even receive the info for me to track my order. (At least I do not think so.)

Sorry....I am just rambling and complaining.
Hi walleyeman,

I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding hearing back from your dealership. Also, we want your Sierra order experience to be as exciting and seamless as possible. Let us know if you would like us to reach out to your dealership to look further into this situation. Additionally, we are also more than happy to provide order status updates for you once you have your order number. Please let us know if you would like our assistance and enjoy your day!

Happy Holidays,

Brandon M.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
That is crazy, sounds like the dealer is bs you.!

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Dealershould be able to give you an order # and then where it is in build. ie- not yet built, in paint, through final and awaiting shipment....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Crazy! Do you have an order number? If you don't have an order number you don't have an order into GM... Sounds like the dealership screwed up the order in some way and the order was never accepted by GM. If and when the dealership figures out they screwed up they usually try to quietly fix the issue and then blame the factory for taking so long....

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Let Brandon help you find another dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a copy of my order form as well as my order #. I PM'ed Brandon to see if he can track it for me and give me a history of dates. Is there a way that I can track my own order....note that I am in Canada.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Contact Us | Chat with GMC follow this link and click the chat with us button. Give the person on chat your order number and they will tell you the status of your order. Good luck let us know how you make out

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ordered October 9. It arrived in 3 weeks. Dealer told me to expect 12 weeks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got an answer to my build inquiry. (Thanks BeagleIL, I could not have done it without you!) It looks as though that GM received the order on or sometime around Nov 26, 2014 and the truck was built by Dec 2, 2014. It is on its way!

Now the puzzling thing is why would GM receive the order at the end of November when I ordered the truck end of July? That is something only the dealer knows.

What would you guys do? Should I ask the dealer and pursue some more answers or just drop the whole thing and look forward to my truck arriving?

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
I would let the dealer know that you knew the actual order date and ask what went on!

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I finally got an answer to my build inquiry. (Thanks BeagleIL, I could not have done it without you!) It looks as though that GM received the order on or sometime around Nov 26, 2014 and the truck was built by Dec 2, 2014. It is on its way!

Now the puzzling thing is why would GM receive the order at the end of November when I ordered the truck end of July? That is something only the dealer knows.

What would you guys do? Should I ask the dealer and pursue some more answers or just drop the whole thing and look forward to my truck arriving?
I would talk to the sales manager and ask for my deposit back so you can go somewhere else. They'll either give it to you and lose the sale or offer you a deal to compensate you for your grief and time.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Glad I could help! If it were me, I'd bring all your info to the dealer as far as dates go and try to use it to sweeten your deal.

Enjoy your new truck. I know I'm loving mine!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad I could help! If it were me, I'd bring all your info to the dealer as far as dates go and try to use it to sweeten your deal.

Enjoy your new truck. I know I'm loving mine!!!

x2...especially the part about loving the new truck! You will love yours too!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just watched the news...and there was a train de-railment that happened in our province. The train was headed into the province when it derailed and it was carrying.........VEHICLES! I had a bad feeling when I saw that...I hope mine was not on there!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts