Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1948 Diamond t 509

10K views 42 replies 6 participants last post by  Roger O'Dell 
#1 ·
Building a diamond t, so far streached the cab & doors 10 inches, replaced the suspension with parts from 1988 chevy 1-ton dually. Useing a 1947-1953 chevy long bed for a pickup bed. Bought a 30 inch wide semi type sleeper to place between the cab and pickup bed. Purchased a 2011 lml-light. Heads modified for lbz injectors 40%over to allow use of lbz Ecu. Head studs, rocker studs, dirty hooker y bridge, full delete, ppe down pipe and exhaust manifolds, stage I power max turbo. 6 speed Allison with suncoast converter, air dog 165. Griffin radiator, fuel tank by Ricks. 4:11 rear with posi, 42 1/2 tires with Alcoa. Super single in rear. Still doing body work, getting read to mud the cab.

#2 ·
Violating rule #1 for mod/build threads.....WE NEED PICS! >:)

#3 ·
To old and ignorant, to post, I have read and seen red x' s on the hamb about photo something . But I do know how to email them , you scared me for a moment about rule violation. If you pm me your email I will send what pictures I have. I cannot shrink them so 2 pictures for email. But will send several, your welcome to post them . It took me months to get back on this forum when the did the password upgrade. I don't even want to try and post pictures

#4 ·
Just seen where you are, I know a few, merc Charlie, Steve from continental club, Jimmy Vaughn, they know some of my junk.

#5 ·
Glad ya made it back!

I'd post this;
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/new-here-please-read/29310-how-post-pictures.html

But photoHukster just recently went into conquer/rape/extortion mode, demanding $400/yr for their previously built on FREE empire access. 'uhNo

I'm in the same boat, relying on attachments for pics. But that's not unlimited on this site, governed by data limits. So sending 'em this way work.

Some have suggested Imgur and another I don't recall.
It's a sad day in the Forum world with the recent money-grab from the carpetbaggers.

Pics, feed the addiction. :nerd:

#6 ·
There's also a free phone vid option, uploaded to Utub and link posted. :laugh:

#7 ·
Subd

#8 ·
Not with my flip phone, for me no smart phone, Facebook, utube. I only go to forums for info. I very seldom post, most places have a lot of experts. I started posting today to get 25 so I can get a vin check. But will keep the build thread going, I am always willing to listen, and this diesel thing is a whole new language.

#9 ·
Oh Man! That's just not right. nono
Torturing us with a REO convert and no Views.

We'll have to work on something to fix that. :wink2:

#10 ·
A lot of my Kustom cars can be seen on google images, just put my name wit custom cars. I have others, but only the customs were in magazines. My injected nitro dragster was in hot rod though, 92 I think

#11 ·
Today worked a little on merging a 55 Buick dash into a diamond t, it will probably take a couple of weeks to get it to fit. But I want a deco dash unlike the flat face from the factory, it was upscale though packard instruments/gauges etc.

#12 ·
Dash mounted, next Ineed to cut the end/curve area off and mount on the doors. Then mud and send out for wood graining. But have to go to Williams Arizona to see an old friend, who is in a bad way with cancer.

#13 ·
I can't help but hear Johnny Cash's "one piece at a time" while reading this thread.

Pics please!!

Reactions: Coullier1
#14 ·
Several of my custom cars, when someone asks what it is , I tell them it's a johnny cash special

Reactions: Sierraluva
#15 ·
Still staring at the dash, better to go slow for a better finished product. But this weekend replaced the water pump, pump housing, and thermostats. Read enough not to take a chance (all looked brand new, impeller was plastic, ) also started an overhead to house rear view camera, and edge cts2. Had to make blister around windshield wiper motors. I need to repair the upper windshield channel, the two windows used to hinge at the top, and screw out on the bottom. So this week trying to finish that stuff. But have to go and help a guy who bought Dale Armstrongs brougham, guys who bought it from dales widow messed up the wiring. I had helped Dale a little on it, hope my memory retained some

#16 ·
Made dual battery box, between running board and passanger frame side. Use floor jack to raise or lower battery pair. To old to lift all that.

#17 · (Edited)
A friend helped me long board the bondo today, sure looks better with the welds covered

#18 ·
Sealed the cab exterior with ppg dp90 epoxy primer/sealer

#19 ·
Just added a 3 foot semi sleeper to the streached cab, sealing off the drivers side doors. Making the two doors on the passenger side a single door. Just about finished adding interior steps for entry. Now to find a mid 70’s Lincoln towncar power seat ,and come up with a rear window frame for it.

#20 ·
A lot of metal work since last post. Lift pump , remote engine oil filters mounted , fuel filter mounted. Intercooler mount all most complete, ready to start on intercooler ducting , useing vibrant clamps (very similar to type used on heavy jets) , and flex tubes. The intercooler is just forward of left rear tire.

#21 ·
Rear fender sheet metal almost complete. Steve Stanford doing two paint versions for my truck. One is done he posted it on his Facebook page.

#22 ·
Intercooler plumbing finally tacked , now for hours of welding. And decided to add a tool box into passanger rear fender.

#23 ·
Sounds like the build is coming along nicely!

Did you by chance build a custom 1938 Lincoln Zephyr?

#24 ·
Yes took it to Austin tx lone star roundup last month. Some day I’ll get to ga.

#25 ·
Still fighting the 55 Buick dash , trying to get enough switches for all of cooling fans, intercooler w/ a/c condenser, eng oil cooler, radiator with a/c condenser (2 a/c units) , feed pump , air compressors for helper air bags etc. but did get the air tank mounted yesterday, and a few tie downs in bed floor. Summer heat is slowing manual labor.

#26 ·
Metal work complete. After market harness was trash ,several grounds had continuity failing sensors. Ran new wires to sensors outside main harness.Currently at body shop for paint. I WAS NOT ABLE TO RESET PASSWORD UNTIL TODAY. Hope it works for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.