Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1986!!

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  duramax-rockstars 
#1 ·
i just got a 1986 chevy suburban,red lifted 6.5l diesel, looks pretty sick.. i wanna know if you can straight pipe this bad boy?

#2 ·
Ya you can straight pipe it for sure! But before you do you gotta post pics of the burban!! :tease

Are you sure its a 6.5 not a 6.2? My buddy had a 96 6.5 burban straight pipe and it honestly sounded kinda retarded :rolleyes:

#3 ·
If it's an 86 it's prolly the 6.2 not the 6.5. 6.5 didn't come out till the late 80's early 90's. If you're gonna straight it, put some glass packs on it and it will cackle!!

#4 ·
one last thing to remember. If it is a 6.2 you cam take parts from a 6.5 and bolt them on like a turbo.

#5 ·
yaa its a 6.5 its a new motor they just put in it!!
its a clean ride

#7 ·
haha the o'l goat, i like it!! i need to get some new rims and tires on this beast before i can show it off to all you guys

#8 ·
excuses! Excuses!

#9 · (Edited)
I've heard a couple of them around town here with either a straight pipe, or an exhaust system of some sort. I think they sound pretty badass!! You can really hear the turbo whistle on them. Too bad they don't go as fast as they sound with a straight pipe.

YouTube - 6.5L Diesel stock exhaust vs muffler and cat removed

#10 ·
Ya screw the wheels.. I wanna see it now!! :rockin :D

#11 ·
lets see some red!!!

#12 ·
hah alrihgt ill try to post some pictures later like around 5

#13 ·
Umm Hmmmmm :popcorn

#14 ·
oo crap haha i forgot ill try to do it when i get back from lake tahoe, it might be monday sorry guys :shots

#15 ·
I wanna go too! send pics of the hot girls also LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.