Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've just finished getting a new to me Powerstroke up and running. When I got it the thing was a mess. Grinding, smoking, no acceleration, leaking. I went through pretty much the whole truck and got her right. Clutch, trans, efuel, turbo, injectors, glow plugs and lots more. Any Ford OBS guys here?

Attachments

Registered
Me likey the obs 7.tree. Sooo i need more pictures lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Me likey the obs 7.tree. Sooo i need more pictures lol
Here she is tore down with efuel getting plumed and waiting for bellowed up pipes and a diamond eye down pipe. I know its not the engine but here are the door handle repairs.

Attachments

Registered
Whats it running injector and turbo wise? Anymore pics of the body?

Registered
The interior and paint looks so clean!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The interior and paint looks so clean!
Whats it running injector and turbo wise? Anymore pics of the body?

I spent a few hours cleaning the interior. Chemical guys forming interior cleaner works really well. It was a disaster inside. That stuff made it look really nice.
I just installed stock rosewood injectors and a SPX billet CHRA. I will take some more pictures of the body tomorrow. Its a Arizona truck so its pretty clean. I'm going to Monsta line the bed and then pretty much call it good.

Attachments

Registered
You damn desert dwellers and your clean never seen snow or salt trucks! :rofl Whats the plans with it now that youre finished? Keeping it or trying to flip it? They sell for ridiculous prices around here. Especially when manual

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
You damn desert dwellers and your clean never seen snow or salt trucks! :rofl Whats the plans with it now that youre finished? Keeping it or trying to flip it? They sell for ridiculous prices around here. Especially when manual
I'm keeping it. I really like it and I could never get what I have into it. Its nice but its not show room nice. I'm tired of car payments and I enjoy wrenching. When she gets tired I'll yank it and rebuild it.

Registered
How many miles is on it now

Registered
That aint too bad. It sounds like you got most of the isues that usually spring up with higher mileage already done.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
That aint too bad. It sounds like you got most of the isues that usually spring up with higher mileage already done.
No smoke, normal 7.3 blowby, starts right up. The PO just had the water pump and front end redone, new shocks, balljoints, inner outer tie rods, brakes and rotors. I'm going to check wheel bearings soon. I put a new power steering pump and new lines in. I'm thinking about a redhead steering gear but I can't really justify that right now. I drained and filled rear diff and TC. Put in new U joints and carrier bearing. Resealed oil cooler. New XDP gear reduction starter. It was never chipped so I'm thinking she MAY have some miles left on her.

Registered
That is a damn nice looking 7.3. I am currently debating on getting rid of my old 6.5 TD and trying out a 7.3 for my run around the farm and hunting truck. I would be too scared to scratch one in the shape of this one........keep the pictures coming.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Put in a new headliner today. I have a Mishimoto radiator on the way it should be here Thursday. I found a nice surprise of RTV holding on the degas bottle nipple on the radiator.

Attachments

Registered
You did really well putting the headliner in. They are a bitch usually.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
You did really well putting the headliner in. They are a bitch usually.
It was a bitch. Took me about 8 hours. It needed a bunch of trimming and adjusting. But she went in. Now I'm waiting on new sun visors. I'm really not in a huge hurry though. Thats what sunglasses are for Crazyeye

Registered
I did one a few years ago and will never do another :rofl

1 - 20 of 27 Posts