Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 chevy 2500 with the 6.6L. But iam getting poor mileage. The truck has a 5 inch exast and a 3 stage bullydog chip no dpf. I was thinking to have the EGR delete kit done to it.. Was woundering if anyone has done this and what kind of mileage gain can I get

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
When I did mine, I did everything at once (exhaust , downpipe & egr delete) and I gained 3-4 mpgs according to the DIC. I would assume you would gain a little with the egr delet but no clue how much. Most guys on here are gonna tell u to dump the banks and get efi live also. I don't really know anything about banks so I have no opinion on that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen lot about bank vs efi but don't understand what is a banks or what is a efi???
sorry new to the desiel world

·
Registered
456 Posts
Oops, I meant bully dog not banks sorry. Hopefully someone that can explain the differences better than I can will chime in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
791 Posts
He said bullydog, not banks, but I guess they are interchangable.

If you want more MPG and HP/TQ, EFI Live is your best bet. I am assuming you have a 2007.5 since you said you had a DPF delete, that would be the LMM engine. Search the LMM section of the forum, and as well as the normal search function.

But, what are you calling poor MPG?

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
But, what are you calling poor MPG?
^^^this. You have to think you have pretty much moved out of the light duty truck world. Anything around 15 mpg is about average. Maybe a little more for highway only driving. Depending on location will effect it as well as the cold weather and diesel fuel is different and usual results in a little less mpg. Driving habits.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What do you consider poor mileage? Bully dog is not known for great mileage, but does increase power. EFI Live is custom tuning, not a cookie cutter programmer that doesn't fit everyone's needs. As stated above, this is blended winter fUel your burning. Tell us your mileage.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
its a 7000+ pound truck, what more do you want from it pretty much stock? go look at what the 2500 hd gassers are getting.

edit: a 2007 6.0 HD gets about 9 city 13 highway...remember, yer not driving a compact 4 cyl.

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
Unfortunately those numbers you posted are about average if not better than most.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Your mileage is actually decent milage. I would not expect to gain anything form a EGR delete. You would be better off to gain milage by getting different tuning. Welcome.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts