213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 LML.

Pretty minimal mods really. List below:

AFE drop-in filter in stock box
4inch Pro~Flo turbo back with muffler
FASS 150
MotoOps tune set to race

We did a few runs to set up the load on the dyno so the truck wasn't that cool. We did three runs and they were all within 5bhp. Very consistent. I did notice that I was hitting 31psi on the rollers but 34 on the street so we need to add more load to the dyno. We may have a few more ponies on the table.

I know the stock airbox is good to about 500 so I'm thinking that it may be time to upgrade to an S&B as with cooler air and better load, we may be over 500 now.

Here is a pic of the dyno sheet and a short video. Truck was ran with traction control and stabilitrac off and in tow mode BUT we couldn't lock it into 4th as we did not have the laptop with HP Tuners so when we tried to roll in the throttle lower it wanted to downshift to 3rd. Next time.

Pic:

Dyno Video:

http://youtu.be/8Ou9JugJUWc

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Holy crap. 500 with just a tune and lift pump and almost 900 ft/lbs is insane haha. At that point I have to,worry about Damn pistons

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was impressed for sure. I have the MotorOps tune when I still had the full emissions and then recently I deleted so I put on the deleted tunes and still was running around on the sport economy tune and was limited since I didn't have the FASS. I ponied up and wanted to see the difference! Lol. I ordered the S&B and we will maybe add another 5% load to the rollers as we are still 3psi of what the truck makes on the street.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
wow that is impressive

·
Super Genius
1,303 Posts
Very cool. Post up after you "find" the rest? I'm guessing 507.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Will be interesting to see what it picks up with a cai

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will be interesting to see what it picks up with a cai
We shall see. If I wasnt so close to 500 Id say forget it but at least I will dyno the after on the same dyno to compare. Even If I pick up 10-15, its worth it to spped up spool and move the air faster.

I also ordered the FASS factory fuel filter delete with a new brass bleeder. The plastic one is crap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We shall see. If I wasnt so close to 500 Id say forget it but at least I will dyno the after on the same dyno to compare. Even If I pick up 10-15, its worth it to spped up spool and move the air faster.

I also ordered the FASS factory fuel filter delete with a new brass bleeder. The plastic one is crap.
Yeah that's tough to be so close, how are the tunes smoke wise? I swore I wouldn't mod this thing, but you know how that goes.

I agree with that bleeder, nothing worse than having that pos snap off. Had it happen on the water seperator on my 6.4 ps.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's tough to be so close, how are the tunes smoke wise? I swore I wouldn't mod this thing, but you know how that goes.

I agree with that bleeder, nothing worse than having that pos snap off. Had it happen on the water seperator on my 6.4 ps.
The dyno video is in the initial post. There is a little smoke on the hit but it clears up quickly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the S&B intake when on and the stock fuel filter delete. I'm all set to re dyno the truck next Fri afternoon to see what changes.

·
Registered
678 Posts
let me know how that intake is.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
let me know how that intake is.
I plan on it. I'm interests as well being so close to 500rwhp.

On the other side, I'm up 3-4mpg city and hwy. I will test the towing mpg this weekend. I'll have 6 hours total of hwy towing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice numbers!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
solid numbers!
Thanks., just got back from a 500 mile round trip tow. Trailer fully loaded is 12k and averaged 12.27 hand calc towing at 70-72. I'm up a solid 2mpg towing with the truck deleted! Nice.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
respectable :thumb

1 - 20 of 22 Posts