Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My first post and I'm looking for the best bang for the buck for a programer. I've no interest in programing my own chip... I've done that 4 my GMC typhoon 4 the last 5 years. I aminterested in the best bang 4 the buch cip for fuel mpg and preformance & something simple. looking at a 300.00 Diablo & a 500$ edge for my stock 2001 6.6 TD duramax. I did search but still looking for answers...

Thank you

R

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PPE, ok, where can I find such an item?

& What about a chip named the quad stealth 2? is this up my alley or not?

·
Registered
897 Posts
EFILive tuned ECM from ATPTrucks.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EFILive tuned ECM from ATPTrucks.com
Sorry bro, not interested in tuning my own. I've tuned my GMC typhoon for 5 years with 3 different turbos. I don't have the time with 4 kids, one newborn. Looking for a preformance chip that has an Economy mode and a way to read and clear troubble codes.

·
Registered
897 Posts
With a pre tuned ECM, you don't have to program anything. You can buy a code reader to read and clear codes. EFILive tunes will give you the best chance to meet your goals. If you really don't want that, I would go with PPE

·
Registered
882 Posts
i have a ppe standard and love it, got it from this forum shipped for 325, STAY AWAY FROM EDGE, nothing but problems according to the guy's who run with them...

·
Registered
882 Posts
look on here for good deals

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I think there is a thread in the electronics mods section titled

Programmers which one is the right one for me....it can answer more than enough answers for you if you use this cool feature called SEARCH

welcome to DF

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
buy a pretuned ecm w/efi live from someone like duramaxtuner.com and its about the same price as the box tuners. Their site is very informative and clears up any questions. I started with an edge juice w/attitude but its no comparison to efi live tuning.

·
Registered
74 Posts
if you want to spend alittle more money .. go with a pretuned ecm from a tuner ( my personal fav is nick aka duramaxtuner) i plan on doing that later on but for now i got a PPE standard .. you can get the econ if you dont plan on doing trans work
imo and in most peoples opinion the PPE is the best can tuner for the d-max ... i personally would not get any other one besides a PPE ... that and its nice for me cuz there shop is like 15-20 min away from home so i can just drive on over if i need anything

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The PPE standard is the best for you -- comes with 5 HP tunes-- can change tire size and read some engine operating stats. It reads codes and will clear them-[not trans codes] It takes 5 minutes to change HP tunes. If you want to up grade in the future, it is an easy sell.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
id do the diablo best bang for buck can read codes and clear them adjust for tires and gets good mileage

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your help. I did use the SEARCH button and I could not find clarification on which chip would be my best bet. I ended up getting the quadzilla stelth 2 chip. I'm not looking for tons of HP, just a simple tuner that can increase my mpg on the HWY and to help me see what codes I may have if my dawg gone SES light comes on....

I know that EFI live would be my best bet, but I'm burnned out on tuning. I've a 93 GMC typhoon that I have tuned for the past 5 years, 3 turbos later....I've put her back to stock....she's worth way more that way.

Thank you guys for the help! I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome! Your gonna like a pretuned ECM if you get one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts