Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Well all i am going to pick up my first duramax on friday, I wrote the thread about tanny probs, and everything checked out good and i am ready to rock and roll, I will be picking up an 04' 2500 crew cab, white in color. Need suggestions, all this stuff i am gonna put on first right away and need to know what i should get or at least everyones suggestions. exhaust 5", mouthpiece, gauge piller(boost,etc.), air intake. I am not gonna do a tuner right away cause i want to drive for a year, then will put a tranny in that will be able to handle some hp. I am pumped this truck is in pretty good shape i had my buddy that works at a gm dealer here in iowa look the vin up to check and see if was a late model build which it is, so pretty pumped and cant wait to here from all u guys thanks again for all the previous help on my first few posts on here.

Registered
Congrats!

- Adam

Registered
Congrats, I remember when I first got mine!

Registered
Con grats, best truck on the market IMO. I've had mine from new, I ordered it, loaded. Looks like you have a handle on what mods to add.

:drink

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
so who makes a good five inch exhaust, and do i need to get a different mouthpiece if i go with an aftermarket intake. And should i do this egr eliminator kit, and how does that benefit me.

Registered
imo i like mbrp 5 inch, i have the mbrp 3 inch down pipe going to a 5 inch straight. at idle it sounds kinda like a vacuum on steroids :rof but when you hit the gas it has a deep sound like an old camaro with headers and straight pipes. makes the turbo sound real nice to.

Registered
and i just got my first lly a few weeks ago and love it sofar, so i bet you will too :thumb

Registered
Welcome to the forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts