Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. I'm just about to drop large on one of the 08 Silverados. Kind of bummed they didn't use coil overs on the 1 ton. What are your thoughts on either or. I'd like the 1 ton for commercial and rec. use, not to mention the tax break we get for it. I've always owned 3/4 T 6.2L Chevs. Kinda wanted to get away from the tortion bars tho.

How do the coil overs compare to the TBs on the fire roads? I've driven both in 07 and like each. I didn't like the feel of the 3/4T on hard acceleration on loose rocks. Perhaps it had the traction control, which I will avoid. The locker doesn't work like my old Detroit Locker. Seems it cannot make up it's mind if it should lock or not on the loose stuff. What do you guys think??

Also, I'll be installing a 2-4" suspension lift at some point.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I thought that both the 3/4 and 1 tons had torsion bars for 08' and only the 1/2 tons came equipped with the coilovers. I wish they came with them though!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i agree with maverick i beleive the half tons are the only ones that come withcoilovers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts