Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Morning guys. Thanks for the coffee.

What holster and gun @goobs?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
They just had a special running for 2 full holsters, and a shell for 75 bucks shipped. Picked up a few for a couple of my toys. The g32 and m&p9c I'm not a fan of in those holsters. Ended up changing them to a kydex from multiholster. Also have a few proline llc holsters and nsr tactical. Alien gears aren't bad for lighter pistols, but for me the kydex was a better fit with the heavier ones.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
yeah, ive been researching for a week. and finding a holster is just like everything else ive ever encountered. some swear by them, some swear at them, etc etc.
so, i figured id start out on the lower end of the pricing spectrum and go from there.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
I know the feeling man. I probably have 4 hosters for each handgun and only use 1 most of the time. I'm a bigger guy, and have frog ass syndrome. So if I have the alien gears in 4 o clock they tend to sag my pants more than I'd like and I feel like it prints more. My glock 42, and xds are the only ones I use the alien gears for anymore. I'm more a fan of the single clip iwb holster than the the latter I suppose.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
i dont wear under shirts, nor do i tuck my shirt in (a lot) so im hoping this will be comfortable enough to suit the way i dress. if not then a single clip holster like you mentioned is my next try.
i too suffer from the having no assatall syndrome, so well see how it goes.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
They're comfortable. I don't wear under shirts and I'm a bigger guy and they don't rub and depending on where you wear it are super comfortable and accessible inside a vehicle. That's funny adam I'm the opposite. My bigger pistols I rather have a single clip, and the smaller ones feel great in the alien gear. Thinking of trying another hybrid holster like the alien gear but with a single clip or loop. Also I'd like to try a owb but a high rise so it's no more than an inch below the belt

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
6' 230ish...all gut lol

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
A good gun belt makes a big difference too.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
Any thick, stiff belt will do okay. Desantis, Blackhawk, and there are some nice ratcheting belts on amazon for cheaper too. My next carry gun is going to be a glock 19 or sig p320 with a xc1 in a custom kydex or owb sideguard high rise. I've been wanting to try that holster for some time and think it's going to be when I get the new gun. After that I want a cheap ar n I'm going to throw a romeo 4 on it and I'm done with guns for awhile. They've been holding up the truck progress lately lol

·
Registered
19,276 Posts
Any thick, stiff belt will do okay. Desantis, Blackhawk, and there are some nice ratcheting belts on amazon for cheaper too. My next carry gun is going to be a glock 19 or sig p320 with a xc1 in a custom kydex or owb sideguard high rise. I've been wanting to try that holster for some time and think it's going to be when I get the new gun. After that I want a cheap ar n I'm going to throw a romeo 4 on it and I'm done with guns for awhile. They've been holding up the truck progress lately lol
My thing is it seems that th kydex holsters move around a lot. Maybe it's the belt. Maybe it's not. Idk

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
You are all fattys....>:)

I'm 6'4" and 185-190, but i'm starting to get a gut, over the last 2 years or so. Used to carry a full size xdm 9mm. Never had a problem other than the grip length. Now I carry an xdm 3.8 compact, and it is much easier to conceal with the shorter grip. Both have been in an alien gear cloak tuck 3.0. I use a wilderness tactical frequent flyer 5 stitch belt. I had a kydex single clip holster made by the same guy that made Joe's, didn't really care for it, seemed to move around a lot as it was made for a 1.75" belt and mine is only a 1.5".

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
If the clip is to large for the belt it definitely will move around. The 3 kydex ones I have don't move around unless I forcibly slide them. I've found that the company that talks about their clips just as much as their holster is who you want to go with lol.
I am ignoring justins fat man comment :rofl

37481 - 37500 of 70781 Posts