Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

43841 - 43860 of 69433 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Current house, gas forced air furnace, 2 fireplaces with gas inserts.'dunno;
New house, gas forced air furnace with A/C - no fireplaces. :)

Don't miss cutting firewood. 'uhNo

Met up with forum member @Jacqson today. Turns out we have a lot in common and i have probably met him through car guy stuff throughout the years. Had some fun reminiscing about old car shops and their progress through the years. Picked up some fuel filters that he had left over for a reasonable price. :thumb

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
All this wood stove talk got me thinking about when we did side work. When we'd lay a chimney we'd lay a piece of glass about half way up. If the home owner paid us I'd go back up and drop a brick down the chimney and break the glass....if they didn't pay they can suck on smoke for awhile!😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Evening everyone!

I have been looking for a newer daily driver. Hunting used cars is starting to get irritating. Obviously everyone trying to sell has a completely different idea of what 'Excellent' is that what I had in mind. The more I look the newer I start looking. Contemplating on just buying new at this point. Now that's not likely to happen, I would rather someone else take the huge hit on depreciation.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
@drranch @lutzjk913 @M.A.M.

Whats the plans for the track day friday night at National Trails? I plan to be there I think.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I did entertain the thought of attending this event. Chance of rain in the morning but should clear off. National Trail is just a bit of a drive so I am a little hesitant. It is the Super Chevy Show weekend. Are we sure they will have Friday TNT?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Never mind; I see they are having it 6p - 11p on Friday. I will be flying solo as the GF is on 2nd shift. I should be able to beat her home.

·
Registered
285 Posts
All this wood stove talk got me thinking about when we did side work. When we'd lay a chimney we'd lay a piece of glass about half way up. If the home owner paid us I'd go back up and drop a brick down the chimney and break the glass....if they didn't pay they can suck on smoke for awhile!

I know a few old masons that did that.

Mike

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
@drranch @lutzjk913 @M.A.M.

Whats the plans for the track day friday night at National Trails? I plan to be there I think.
I did entertain the thought of attending this event. Chance of rain in the morning but should clear off. National Trail is just a bit of a drive so I am a little hesitant. It is the Super Chevy Show weekend. Are we sure they will have Friday TNT?
Never mind; I see they are having it 6p - 11p on Friday. I will be flying solo as the GF is on 2nd shift. I should be able to beat her home.
I should be there by 7:15 at the latest.

Wife and kids will be rolling also. If she goes into labor you'll see my ass making a cannon ball run to grant. Lol

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,861 Posts
Sup boys. Woke up at 4:30 and drove to Dallas for a meeting and then drove back

Stopped in Palestine for this. Called the Super Chief. 1/3 pound beef patty, split smoked sausage with sunny side up egg.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,861 Posts
Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I donno Joe. Evan texted me yesterday and said the shipping company left him a message and they haven't returned his call yet. He said he was surprised I don't have it yet. With my luck the transport truck was in a crash and it's junk. All I can do is be patient.

Some dumbass dockworker most likely sent it he wrong direction. That shit happens all the time.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
It's Whiskey Wednesday, Jimmy. Get back on that horse. :D
Got back on that horse.

Finished my brackets, got everything mounted up and wired... yay

·
Registered
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,854
Sup boys.....

going to take a 3 hour trip Saturday to go look at a 2000 vette with a super charger !!!
Hell yeah jason. Is it the one maybe?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Some dumbass dockworker most likely sent it he wrong direction. That shit happens all the time.
I hope not!

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Good morning guys.

·
Registered
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,857
Morning Dan

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
Morning dan, Russ and mike

Got the fass filters changed last night

Was working on swapping tires and got to the last one and found a cross threaded lug nut. Got pissed and discouraged and set everything down and went inside. Going to talk to service today about what they are going to do about it. Obviously they did it. I don't ever touch the tires.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I should be there by 7:15 at the latest.

Wife and kids will be rolling also. If she goes into labor you'll see my ass making a cannon ball run to grant. Lol
At least the truck will be warm, transmission learned and ready to roll for it.

Sup boys.....

going to take a 3 hour trip Saturday to go look at a 2000 vette with a super charger !!!
I'm thinking something along these lines will be a stablemate next to the Duramax in the near future. I found one out this way with an LSX and 800HP+ dyno papers.

Morning dan, Russ and mike

Got the fass filters changed last night

Was working on swapping tires and got to the last one and found a cross threaded lug nut. Got pissed and discouraged and set everything down and went inside. Going to talk to service today about what they are going to do about it. Obviously they did it. I don't ever touch the tires.
Which fass do you have? I may have some goodies at home for you that I can bring with me tomorrow.

43841 - 43860 of 69433 Posts