Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

69281 - 69300 of 69498 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Morning guys.
All of the stimulus and aid announcements do not do anything for me. So far my income hasn't changed, but with the markets the way they are, it will. Since I have a pension from the union, it is completely based on market performance. It is vital that the economy recovers as quickly as possible. I hope this crisis can be solved in a reasonable amount of time.

Stay safe and healthy.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Didn't you watch the video I posted? Mark Levin giving the example of who is essential by showing how many people it takes to make a pencil.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
One of the busiest main drags in Houston. Westheimer in the Galleria. At 4:30pm it’s taken me 60 minutes to go to the freeway from here which is a mile to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Evening fellas, hope you and your families are safe tonight. That pencil video should be shown to Congress - and tell them there is a quiz after. I watched it during lunch this afternoon with my wife, and she is a very smart girl, but she was amazed at the long reach. Really remarkable how everything intermeshes like that.

Just got word that my job may be starting up again next week. Three workers, last Thursday, complained of symptoms, went home, and were tested. Heard today all 3 were negative. Supposedly our NY governor has deemed all construction as essential. Now keep in mind I am in charge of building a summer home, on the ocean, for a guy (nice guy actually) who is probably approaching billionaire status. Essential? Don't get me wrong - I would rather work, but at the chance of bringing something home? Many ways to think about this. Even our church for the last 2 weeks has streamed the service. Just not quite the same - but helpful nonetheless. As are walks with my dog (the name for spelling something in reverse escapes me now).

So onto happier truck news. I did the head gasket job on my LLY back in Oct/Nov, went off without a hitch - except for an oil leak from lower valve cover, drivers side, back. Tried tightening allen head bolts twice - no change. Was at that point wear a younger me would have tried 3 times and sheared a bolt off in the head. Instead I said we'll wait for warmer weather - maybe gasket is bad/misplaced. Tore it apart yesterday - pic below. Cracked! WTF? Either side of crack is concave away from mating surface. Took a shot - ie dropped. But who? My son is not admitting anything, and really don't want to press. I can remember some times/things when I was young...and I think a lesson was learned already anyhow. LDS is delivering new lower cover, and we'll put it back together. Some other boxes are also starting to come in for an LML - I'll pass along some teasers.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Keep the prayers up
My carhartt seat covers got here today. Along with the new foot shifter for my raptor. About to cook some burgers and fried banana peppers for dinner in a little while. Stocked up on some more groceries and of course more beer.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #69,288
Evening fellas, hope you and your families are safe tonight. That pencil video should be shown to Congress - and tell them there is a quiz after. I watched it during lunch this afternoon with my wife, and she is a very smart girl, but she was amazed at the long reach. Really remarkable how everything intermeshes like that.

Just got word that my job may be starting up again next week. Three workers, last Thursday, complained of symptoms, went home, and were tested. Heard today all 3 were negative. Supposedly our NY governor has deemed all construction as essential. Now keep in mind I am in charge of building a summer home, on the ocean, for a guy (nice guy actually) who is probably approaching billionaire status. Essential? Don't get me wrong - I would rather work, but at the chance of bringing something home? Many ways to think about this. Even our church for the last 2 weeks has streamed the service. Just not quite the same - but helpful nonetheless. As are walks with my dog (the name for spelling something in reverse escapes me now).

So onto happier truck news. I did the head gasket job on my LLY back in Oct/Nov, went off without a hitch - except for an oil leak from lower valve cover, drivers side, back. Tried tightening allen head bolts twice - no change. Was at that point wear a younger me would have tried 3 times and sheared a bolt off in the head. Instead I said we'll wait for warmer weather - maybe gasket is bad/misplaced. Tore it apart yesterday - pic below. Cracked! WTF? Either side of crack is concave away from mating surface. Took a shot - ie dropped. But who? My son is not admitting anything, and really don't want to press. I can remember some times/things when I was young...and I think a lesson was learned already anyhow. LDS is delivering new lower cover, and we'll put it back together. Some other boxes are also starting to come in for an LML - I'll pass along some teasers.
View attachment 1075589
Dave alot of constuctions sites/ company's worked there last day today. As far as our company Walsh Constuction, we do alot of asssited living, low income and retirement centers so we are considered essential. Are family is healthy and the boys are doing their homework from home via lab top and the stuff the teachers put together on their last day of school.

As far as selling the old growth fir I have, I got a customer who has bought from me before coming to buy some more for a house he is building in a neighboring town.

The track down in Woodburn Oregon that was gonna have racing starting this weekend has been put on hold. So no rush to get my truck put back together other then being able to drive it again.

Stay safe and healthy out there fellas!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
Any dock/ramp loads are now office closed, dock closed, only communicate is by phone...."we'll bring it out to ya". :rolleyes:
HUGE waste of time today.....lost over 4hrs waiting at different places.

Our leftist leaders here declared all construction sites are not essential....except for their agenda related causes, so if you're building affordable housing or something for the homeless, then you're somehow not a risk for spreading the Corona. (n)

A 6k sf home with two lone tile setters in it working.....RISK

They can all bite me, I'll be runnin' Rebel tomorrow too....thru & across 4 counties. :cool:

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Made this. For me and dan 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
We’re hangin in here. Wife is home from work since she works at a school. I work from home every day, as does our entire company, so no need for us to close down or change anything. I’m used to not leaving the house for days at a time.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
COVID19...the 19lbs I’m gonna gain during the shelter in place.....

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
I been chillin in my bedroom for 3 days straight. Started coughing out of the blue last Saturday and haven’t stopped. Doc on Tuesday. Said it’s strep. Negative test for that. Last night felt like flu as getting run over by a bus would’ve felt better. Asked them about the new kid on the sickness block and if I was down with it... see what I did there lol. She told me they were going to waste a test in a healthy individual since they are so short in them. Told her what about a wife, 11 yr old, 9 yr old, 2.5 yr old and 9 month old?

Turns out they don’t have stats out on that age group so she just looked at me a little lost and said hunker down, isolate, push clear fluid and wash you hands and if it gets hard to breathe go the er but call first. Feel better than yesterday but fever still all over from 101-99. I’m not taking anything so I have a better idea of symptoms. I did lose all taste and smell yesterday which was weird. Was pissed my wife brought me a big old burrito covered in salsa and I had a cup of water...you could’ve fed me shit and I wouldn’t have know any different.

Also took a 10% pay cut last Friday. Went from 7 drilling rigs to 1 and went from it’s going to run all year to you have 1.5 months of work left so I hope the oil comes back.

Wyoming hasn’t been hit hard yet. It will take long due to the openness and less population but it’s all shut down here to. Praying wife keeps a job as this house runs on oil prices. So does parents and siblings.

So if y’all are bored hit me up Just sitting here finding imperfections in the texture in the walls. I ain’t spending any money except bare essential groceries and minimum payments on all bill until things line out.

So I pray and read and that’s all I can do is leave it up to the lord for him to work out in his time.

Love y’all like brothers and dads, be safe and god speed

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Hang in there Brock! Rest up and get better!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Love you too brock. You know im up all hours of the night so hit me up. Ill pray for you and the family tonight

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
The harder to breathe thing is no joke. If this is flu I’ve never had this issue and if it’s the virus well all I gotta say is this bitch much come on strong in round 5. I figure I’m 5 days in maybe 7 at best. Feel like I have a 40 pound kid on me

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
G'day guys.
It doesn't tell me when anyone posts in this thread for some reason.
So hope your all doing ok.
I can't go anywhere for another 6 days so I'm just working 13hr days at home on the house
We still only have 30 something cases down here and no local transmission so hopefully they close it soon and open everything back up, 10,000 people lost jobs in 2 days

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,869 Posts
Morning boys. Brock, hang in their bud. It sure sounds like all the symptoms of COVID. It’s contagious as hell so make sure the wife and kids stay away from you.

·
Registered
19,140 Posts
The harder to breathe thing is no joke. If this is flu I’ve never had this issue and if it’s the virus well all I gotta say is this bitch much come on strong in round 5. I figure I’m 5 days in maybe 7 at best. Feel like I have a 40 pound kid on me

what you are describing is exactly what I had a while back. It hit me out of no where and lasted about 14-16 days total.

·
Registered
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #69,300
I been chillin in my bedroom for 3 days straight. Started coughing out of the blue last Saturday and haven’t stopped. Doc on Tuesday. Said it’s strep. Negative test for that. Last night felt like flu as getting run over by a bus would’ve felt better. Asked them about the new kid on the sickness block and if I was down with it... see what I did there lol. She told me they were going to waste a test in a healthy individual since they are so short in them. Told her what about a wife, 11 yr old, 9 yr old, 2.5 yr old and 9 month old?

Turns out they don’t have stats out on that age group so she just looked at me a little lost and said hunker down, isolate, push clear fluid and wash you hands and if it gets hard to breathe go the er but call first. Feel better than yesterday but fever still all over from 101-99. I’m not taking anything so I have a better idea of symptoms. I did lose all taste and smell yesterday which was weird. Was pissed my wife brought me a big old burrito covered in salsa and I had a cup of water...you could’ve fed me shit and I wouldn’t have know any different.

Also took a 10% pay cut last Friday. Went from 7 drilling rigs to 1 and went from it’s going to run all year to you have 1.5 months of work left so I hope the oil comes back.

Wyoming hasn’t been hit hard yet. It will take long due to the openness and less population but it’s all shut down here to. Praying wife keeps a job as this house runs on oil prices. So does parents and siblings.

So if y’all are bored hit me up Just sitting here finding imperfections in the texture in the walls. I ain’t spending any money except bare essential groceries and minimum payments on all bill until things line out.

So I pray and read and that’s all I can do is leave it up to the lord for him to work out in his time.

Love y’all like brothers and dads, be safe and god speed

Love ya to Brock. Get better brother!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

69281 - 69300 of 69498 Posts