Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

69301 - 69320 of 69572 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Damn Brock if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. Hope that changes.
Morning guys it's Friday eve. Some slowdown. I almost have 40 hours in already.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,876 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Jesus Brock take care and hang in there. Love ya buddy.

Stay elevated, take the stress off the lungs. Clear fluids is for the DRs not you so listen to them. When you start feeling better don’t push it literally take 14 days before you do anything. Lingering effects can be deceiving. Short sips Vs gulps as that can lead to coughing fits which you can’t afford at the moment.

Hang in there and pester them for a test. You deserve answered just like everyone else who suffers from this or potentially from it.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,297 Posts
Spent a lot of time propped up....laying down, couldn't breath...I'd doze off, followed by a panic wake from lack of breath.
as that can lead to coughing fits
I ended up with what felt like some broke ribs (probably pleurisy), along with total voice loss for 2wks after it was over.
Neighbor hadn't seen me move in two weeks, thought they were going to have to call the coroner and cleanup crew...and then I emerged from the death chamber.

In the aftermath, I don't even recall needing any TP....not sure why the hording is going on with that now.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #69,306
Well just got word we are shut down for 2 weeks atleast. Time to join the unemployment line. Im at work today to lock down the site with some other workers, then we are headed home. Probably only work a half day.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Brock, sure sounds like you got it. The loss of taste and smell are two of the primary indicators. Get well, praying for you.

Losing employment sucks and stresses the entire family unit which is never good. Hopefully, the major portions of this thing will be gone within a couple of weeks and everyone can get back to work. But, who knows.

Thankfully, it is Friday eve. You boys be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I been chillin in my bedroom for 3 days straight. Started coughing out of the blue last Saturday and haven’t stopped. Doc on Tuesday. Said it’s strep. Negative test for that. Last night felt like flu as getting run over by a bus would’ve felt better. Asked them about the new kid on the sickness block and if I was down with it... see what I did there lol. She told me they were going to waste a test in a healthy individual since they are so short in them. Told her what about a wife, 11 yr old, 9 yr old, 2.5 yr old and 9 month old?

Turns out they don’t have stats out on that age group so she just looked at me a little lost and said hunker down, isolate, push clear fluid and wash you hands and if it gets hard to breathe go the er but call first. Feel better than yesterday but fever still all over from 101-99. I’m not taking anything so I have a better idea of symptoms. I did lose all taste and smell yesterday which was weird. Was pissed my wife brought me a big old burrito covered in salsa and I had a cup of water...you could’ve fed me shit and I wouldn’t have know any different.
My sister had the same exact symptoms, literally the same. she got tested because a coworker of her tested positive for covid-19. her test came back negative they tested her for strep, flu, and cold. all negative as well. the dr's had no answer for what she had. she's fine now after about 10 days of symptoms.

im not saying you do or dont have it, but take this info how you please sir.

i hope you recover fast and Godspeed sir.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Well they tested for strep and it was neg. they said it wasn’t flu or cold and allergies don’t cause this. I’d be super happy if I didn’t have it but as it stands I’ll act like I do. My 2 yr old is freakin out though not having any daddy time

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Morning guys.
Brock, hang in there. Thoughts and prayers with you.
Isolation is tough on the whole family, especially the young ones that don't understand.

We didn't get the rain that was forecast. Back to blue skies today.
I'm going to have to do some grading work on the driveway before I start on the upgrades to the truck. My single carport garage conversion is too narrow to get the truck in to actually work on it.
I need some more level ground.
What I really need is to get a shop built.

Stay healthy or have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hang in there Brock, hopefully you start feeling real soon!

Russ I suppose it varies state to state but yesterday our governor announced we will be shut down for 2 weeks starting Friday at midnight. Dont ask me how but commercial construction is still to go to work. Makes no sence to me but whatever that's out of my control. My wife is a optician and she been laid off a week ago thru may 1st allegedly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
What are the side affects of all these cleaning chemicals everyone is going nuts on lately.....

·
Registered
4,160 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Well just got word we are shut down for 2 weeks atleast. Time to join the unemployment line. Im at work today to lock down the site with some other workers, then we are headed home. Probably only work a half day.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Well that sucks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Mornin' Fellas. Looks like we made it to Friday! Going to be a pretty shitty weekend around these parts.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,876 Posts
Morning boys. Sorry to hear that Russ. Apparently your industry didn’t grease the palms of the city and county leaders like ours did here. Residential and commercial construction were added to the list of “essential”businesses.

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Morning boys.

TGIFF.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Morning guys. TGIFF. I should call out I am burned out. A grocery warehouse I normally only go to once or twice a week has been every day. The appointment is 4 or 5 PM. It normally takes 1 to 2 hours. It's taking longer because they are so backed up and there's no dock space. It's 70 miles from my terminal. Since I am supposed to start at 6 it is a long day. I have been stating at 7 to get my 10 hours off. We do all kinds of freight so we are not exempt from hours of service laws. That sucks too because I am late to all my morning appointments. They are cool about it right now but when you are late sometimes you have to wait for an open door. Luckily there is an hour between my first and second appointment and they are right across the street from each other. The first one is quick so I am almost on time to the second one. But that's the grocery warehouse that won't let us in right now and it takes longer for the lumpers to get to me than it takes me to do it myself. So then I am rushing around trying to get all the non appointment freight off and pick ups done to make the late appointment. If I don't get there on time I will run out of hours before I get back to the terminal. When others are loosing work I am slammed. And I am too old for this shit. One or 2 long days I can handle. Every day not so much. And they told me last night I have the late grocery warehouse today too. The good news is today is dog food. It is full pallets of 1 item so there's no sort just roll it off. So it is less work and goes faster. Last night I had 5 pallets of pickled vegetables that I had to sort. And that shit is heavy. My boss said they would pay for lumpers if I don't want to do it myself but they take longer. So I will run out of hours if I use them. So I don't. Ok rant over.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Good morning fellas!
i hope all of yall have a safe and productive day.

69301 - 69320 of 69572 Posts