Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

69341 - 69356 of 69356 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well beginning of week we receive clarification from state that ALL construction is deemed essential, so we decide to spool back up. Contact all the subs, some will work, about 20% not sure. Set up and inform all of our new protocols - all subs must maintain separation, no coffee truck (come prepared), new porto sans that will be sanitized throughout day, and no one comes in our trailer. All set - Monday start. Yesterday Cuomo pulls plug again - now deemed non essential unless your working on infrastructure, health care facility, or low income housing. Back on indefinite vacation - but fortunate to have good job to go back to.

LLY oil leak saga continues. New lower valve cover, gasket, crush washers/o rings. Put it all back together ....and it leaks from same spot! FML. Obviously something else going on that I'm not seeing. Probably going RTV route now. Hey but I can strip down the top of an LLY pretty good now! (My son almost lost it when I found the leak again - lets just say I was beside myself.)

Stay safe out there!

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,254 Posts
Irony.....all of the Lib spots deem homeless/affordable housing construct is essential.....while anyone actually WORKING construction is now on the broke/no money/soon to be homeless train.

Edit; the new PC term is "individuals experiencing homelessness"....who are also exempt from the stay home/shelter in place order.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Thursday was the first day of Washington's total shut down.Traffic was very light until then. It more than doubled on thursday, and then more than doubled again on Friday. A lot of RVs taking advantage of 2 weeks off. This is going to make it worse. People are still out but going to different random places. At least when they went to work it was the same people in the same places. This is becoming stupid.
I am glad the president is picking on our moron Governor.
And morning guys.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,254 Posts
Was reading thru the recent court order for a countywide shut down......Farmer's are exempt (who knew, right?) and they mentioned 'fishing' as okay.

Of course, no mention that all of the parks are closed and there's no lake/river access.
Idiots, running the sanatorium.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Morning fellas
My body clock is starting to return to normal I've slept until 445am 👌
We can't fish or hunt either, they are definitely making you reliant on the system here.
They said they locked down the state but tourists have been coming in on the boat flat out for a week so I don't really believe it

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
What I'm
You were about 15 mins from my house.

Damn shame we are shut down now and everything is locked down. After all this shit passes let me know when your down this way again.
Where I'm driving now it's usually a few runs to Columbus weekly...All in the dead of night

But I'm also regional, MI, IN, IL, OH, WI

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Well, the main termal is North of Dayton and then out to the Stores. The store chain has four Distribution Centers within the Midwest.

Seems lately running a lot more backhaul loaded back to the DCs or, DC to DC. Work the last few weeks been busier than Christmas.

The Trucking Company I work for is not their main fleet. Kind of a go between. Haul for anyone in the region. Even watch other store chains. Running around in a Green Truck.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Evening guys. Watching the ole lady play xbox, ended up buying one, needed something to do at night and when it rains. Fixed the rear brake on the raptor today, made deer spaghetti for lunch/dinner. Now drinking some "replacement meal" shakes😂😂🍻🍻.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I made some stake sides for my new dump trailer. I used regular lumber and treated it with Linseed oil. I had plenty left from doing the deck on my tilt deck. Most people use pressure treated. That stuff will rust anything. So I didn't didn't want to use it. Now it's better for dump runs. It's bed is not very deep.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Those look good matt. Ive been wanting to make some for the flatbed.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #69,356
Evening fellas. Well our company came up with a way to keep a few guys busy doing site monitoring/security on a couple of our jobs. Boring but its not unemployment so I will take it. Keep your heads up fellas!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

69341 - 69356 of 69356 Posts