Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

70581 - 70600 of 70684 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
For all you fathers out there - first pic is the first time I put my daughter in the crib I made for her - 22 years ago. Second pic is from 2 nights ago - college graduate! Tempus Fugit! Grab everyday - they FLY by! I can remember the last 20, but holy shit, here I am. Man has time flied (and look at that first smile - before I knew that diesel came in a pick up.)

·
Registered
17,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,582
Well got the wire harness all situated as well as the main distribution box that is usually mounted to the spare tire cross member. There was a perfect sized hole that was towards the back of the frame on the driverside.
I made a trip to Ace Hardware to get some hardware after work and got it placed. Worked out perfect.
Still need to order up some wire loom clips to make it more official but for now zip ties will work.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
😍this Swedish Trucker
Told her in the comments use the wheel loader to change the tires and in video 2 she did it🤣

·
Registered
13 Posts
Evening fellas. Have a question for you all. So I've done a couple things to me LML, and my 3 kids decided to chip in and get me traction bars for Fathers Day. Except I've been home and saw the package. Cats out of the bag early, and I'm blown away really. Junior (LLY driver) got the Long Horn bolt on bars. 3 kids - one has a job....hmmmm. I've been checking this out and my question for you is really kind of simple, but also scares me. 1/2" bolts go through box frame - hold bracket in place and drill. Easy enough right? Whats the best way to get the center of that marked out hole - and have it align with opposite side? Should I drill 9/16" to give a little play?
I have them on my truck, welded the bracket to the frame. I didn’t 100% trust bolting it to the frame would be enough to hold them there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,586
Morning fellas, and happy friday! About to hop in the truck and head to work. Have a great day and be safe out there!

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Morning boys.

Sitting at home this morning recuperating from the cataract surgery. Holy smokes, I had no idea how much my vision had degraded. Should have done this sooner.

Hope that everyone has a safe Memorial Day weekend and pls remember all of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
😍this Swedish Trucker
Told her in the comments use the wheel loader to change the tires and in video 2 she did it🤣
That's a few minutes of my life I can't get back 😂

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm gonna get an early one
My mum has invited herself for lunch because I'm not working tomorrow so I better get up early and get organised got a lot to do. Have a good day

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Morning guys I want that Swedish trucker. But I don't think Michelle would let me keep her.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Damn it's cold here this morning
20200523_064910.jpg

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Do you have enough air fresheners in there? Too much farting going on in there?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I'm going for the record 😂
I'm a plumber Matt, if it ain't clean at least it smells nice 😂

·
Registered
17,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,595
Evening guys. Truck drove nice today. Took a couple guys from work for a rip around the streets at lunch time and they were loving it. Couldnt believe a big truck like mine could break them loose so easily!

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,985 Posts
For all you fathers out there - first pic is the first time I put my daughter in the crib I made for her - 22 years ago. Second pic is from 2 nights ago - college graduate! Tempus Fugit! Grab everyday - they FLY by! I can remember the last 20, but holy shit, here I am. Man has time flied (and look at that first smile - before I knew that diesel came in a pick up.)

View attachment 1077116
View attachment 1077117
Dave I’m almost there. Great photos. Congratulations. Time does fly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Had the day off too. Made good progress on the truck... then fucked it up.

Really not my proudest moment.

I was working on adjusting the parking brake shoes. I wanted to test if it would hold, so I applied the brake and goosed the accelerator... except I didn’t have the rotor held in place with lugnuts, so it walked off the hub. Fucking facepalm.

Broke one of the parking brake pins and bent the crap out of the new backing plate. So, gotta pull the axle shaft and hub off again and straighten out the backing plate and assess any further damage. Some of the studs might need replaced because of the rotor galling the threads.

Yay me. :/

·
Registered
17,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,599
Had the day off too. Made good progress on the truck... then fucked it up.

Really not my proudest moment.

I was working on adjusting the parking brake shoes. I wanted to test if it would hold, so I applied the brake and goosed the accelerator... except I didn’t have the rotor held in place with lugnuts, so it walked off the hub. Fucking facepalm.

Broke one of the parking brake pins and bent the crap out of the new backing plate. So, gotta pull the axle shaft and hub off again and straighten out the backing plate and assess any further damage. Some of the studs might need replaced because of the rotor galling the threads.

Yay me. :/
That sucks Ryan, you'll get it handled.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Ouch! We all do stuff like that. o_O

With the new tires, I wanted to get an alignment done. Everything was completely rusted together. The cam adjusters were rusted solid. I happened to have a set of UCAs lying around (6 years, but who's counting), so I went to work getting it all torn apart.

Long story short, I had to cut them off and cut the bolts. Had to use a cut off disc with the angle grinder.
Upper ball joints were the same. Cut off with the disc too.

Got the last of the parts this afternoon. Driver's side is done. Passenger side just needs to go back together. Will have it done tomorrow. Then off to the alignment shop next week.
Insurance ran out last month, so I saved a month of insurance costs.
All in all, it should be like a new truck, almost.

70581 - 70600 of 70684 Posts