Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

70601 - 70620 of 70684 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Dang Scott, I thought I was bad having those brake backing plates on a shelf since June 2016. LOL

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hey guys
Tried to have a day off.
Got driven mad by everyone anyway and basically babysat everyone working for me all day.
Cooked the mother lunch and went next door for a bonfire tonight, had a few drinks and the kids had a good time with the other kids.
Going to try and concentrate on cleaning up the yard tomorrow, my phone may be turned off or I'll track over it with the digger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mornin everyone,

Stuck working a few hours today but after I get home I get to find out if I can replace my oil pan without dropping the rear crossmember. My truck is lifted so the rear crossmember acts as a mount for the lower control arms now so it won’t be an easy job if I have to remove all of it lol hopefully not I’ll remain optimistic. Have a good one today gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,985 Posts
Morning boys. Had my first tree on the ground before 7. Bucked and all the little stuff in the burn pile and burning by 8. Humid AF here. 80 degrees already and 93% humidity. So much for the mild spring.

Stopped for a water break. On to the next. Sorry to hear about the brakes Ryan. At least you are man enough to admit it in front of friends.

Let’s hope I’m not here later posting something similar. Next tree is leaning close to the house.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I'm going for the record
I'm a plumber Matt, if it ain't clean at least it smells nice
Just so you know air fresheners are used in emergency chemical cleanup training to show how hazardous things you don't expect are. They have the actual chemical makeup of them. They have 3 very hazardous chemicals in them. All 3 can cause cancer and 1 can cause permanent nervous system damage. The way they get around telling you about it is limited exposure and trade secrets. The limited exposure assumes you spend less than 30 minutes in your vehicle a day and you only have 1 air freshener. The little trees are one of the most hazardous and their limited exposure also assumes you open them per the instructions. One notch on the tree per week. That's how they ended up being a tree shape. As we had to sign a confidentiality statement for the class and what is in them is a trade secret I can't tell you what it is. But I will never have another one. Those could truly shorten your life or make you very sick in later years. If I could tell you what is in them you would be shocked. They truly should not be legal. If you spend an hour a day in your vehicle and have 1 opened properly the exposure would require a respirator in a work setting.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Had the day off too. Made good progress on the truck... then fucked it up.

Really not my proudest moment.

I was working on adjusting the parking brake shoes. I wanted to test if it would hold, so I applied the brake and goosed the accelerator... except I didn’t have the rotor held in place with lugnuts, so it walked off the hub. Fucking facepalm.

Broke one of the parking brake pins and bent the crap out of the new backing plate. So, gotta pull the axle shaft and hub off again and straighten out the backing plate and assess any further damage. Some of the studs might need replaced because of the rotor galling the threads.

Yay me. :/
Damn I never would have thought that would happen.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Oh yeah morning guys

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Just so you know air fresheners are used in emergency chemical cleanup training to show how hazardous things you don't expect are. They have the actual chemical makeup of them. They have 3 very hazardous chemicals in them. All 3 can cause cancer and 1 can cause permanent nervous system damage. The way they get around telling you about it is limited exposure and trade secrets. The limited exposure assumes you spend less than 30 minutes in your vehicle a day and you only have 1 air freshener. The little trees are one of the most hazardous and their limited exposure also assumes you open them per the instructions. One notch on the tree per week. That's how they ended up being a tree shape. As we had to sign a confidentiality statement for the class and what is in them is a trade secret I can't tell you what it is. But I will never have another one. Those could truly shorten your life or make you very sick in later years. If I could tell you what is in them you would be shocked. They truly should not be legal. If you spend an hour a day in your vehicle and have 1 opened properly the exposure would require a respirator in a work setting.

Well shiiiit

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

Wow. You would expect that they would have to be non toxic.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Wow. You would expect that they would have to be non toxic.
You would be shocked if you knew how dangerous some consumer products are and they don't have to tell you because of trade secrets combined with limited exposure.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
You would be shocked if you knew how dangerous some consumer products are and they don't have to tell you because of trade secrets combined with limited exposure.

I won't use any of the commercial air fresheners. My old neighbor had several of those liquid automatic air freshener dispensers around their house. Sprayed toxic chemicals on a regular schedule. I used to turn it around when visiting. I couldn't breathe with that shit in the air

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,985 Posts
Well boys. Three trees down and no damage to the house. :thumb

Starting to get better at picking my spot. Put marking paint on the ground for direction and distance. Getting decent at it.

May be time to trade in the tractor

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Well boys. Three trees down and no damage to the house. :thumb

Starting to get better at picking my spot. Put marking paint on the ground for direction and distance. Getting decent at it.

May be time to trade in the tractor

Yeah right mine is close to that and a year old.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,985 Posts
Lol. Mine is a 2012

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Wheels on and on the ground.

My tractor is a 2014. 486 hrs.
Bought it used in October 2017 with 383 hours.

70601 - 70620 of 70684 Posts