Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

70861 - 70878 of 70878 Posts

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Well in the saga of the longest phucking s400 install kit ive ever done, its finally finished. Kind of.. once again, hsp sent the wrong size intake filter, and wrong size vband clamp for the downpipe🙄🙄but its running, and driving. I wont ever get anything from hsp again. I know a decent amount of guys who have had similar experiences.
Also traded him my stock wheels, tires, and the lml 5 spokes i had for some brand new moto metals and all terrains.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,862
Looks great Nic, good job. Wheels and tires look good on the flatty!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,863
Well in the saga of the longest phucking s400 install kit ive ever done, its finally finished. Kind of.. once again, hsp sent the wrong size intake filter, and wrong size vband clamp for the downpipebut its running, and driving. I wont ever get anything from hsp again. I know a decent amount of guys who have had similar experiences.
Also traded him my stock wheels, tires, and the lml 5 spokes i had for some brand new moto metals and all terrains.

So are you gonna contact him and get the right stuff or what?

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Thanks russ. Ive done a good many and never had one give me so many troubles fitment wise or missing shit. I love how the flatty looks now.

·
Premium Member
8,584 Posts
Saw you had a buddy over with some battery testing stuff the other day, Nic. You get that battery draining issue figured out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Yeah the owner of the truck is going to contact hsp and hopefully they will ship it out over night. Be honest kind of nerve wracking working on someone else's 30k dollar engine. When its your own built engine its different lol.

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Saw you had a buddy over with some battery testing stuff the other day, Nic. You get that battery draining issue figured out?

Yeah a friend of mine brought a brand new 800 dollar snap on multimeter over to replace my 60 dollar one lol. Pulled every fuse and it would drop a few seconds then shoot back up. Pulled bcm, ecm, tcm, still was doing it. Its going to have to go somewhere. But as long as it doesnt sit for 12+hours it starts. So for now im done with it.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Morning boys.

Another stinking Monday. Make the best of it that you can and be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Morning guys

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
End of another day for me guys.
So I was talking to Justin today

A mate of mine drove my truck up at the farm and drive it into a post with a pile of dirt around it 😔
It's bent and scratched the bumper and the plastics below.
He's said he wants to pay for it, I have that moral dilemma of should I make him but then again why should I have to fork out the money because he wasn't paying attention.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #70,871
End of another day for me guys.
So I was talking to Justin today

A mate of mine drove my truck up at the farm and drive it into a post with a pile of dirt around it
It's bent and scratched the bumper and the plastics below.
He's said he wants to pay for it, I have that moral dilemma of should I make him but then again why should I have to fork out the money because he wasn't paying attention.
Thoughts?
He would pay for it IMO, why wouldnt he? Its the right thing to do.

Oh and goodnight and good morning. Lol

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Morning guys.

Hayden, he has offered. Accept it. Obviously he feels badly about it enough to accept the financial burden of fixing it.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Morning guys.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Water level came up overnight. Not as high as 2018, but getting there. 2018 the river was flowing through that field. Right now it only has a few inches on it.

The river is normally on the other side of those trees as it bends around the campground.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Afternoon fellers. Going to pick up some sushi and chinese food for us and my parents and have a dinner tonight. Pretty excited havent had that in awhile. Keep staring at the flatty i really like the look now.😍i need to get some front end work done on it soon.

·
Premium Member
7,802 Posts

Such a kick ass trip boys.
Back home now. Truck did amazingly well. Hit 2 8% grades .... hit the breaks 1 time on each of em. No doubt the duramax or powerstroke especially with the 8 speeds could fly up em but I have a new appreciation for going down these big ass slopes. I’ll post a snip from to my insta.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts

Such a kick ass trip boys.
Back home now. Truck did amazingly well. Hit 2 8% grades .... hit the breaks 1 time on each of em. No doubt the duramax or powerstroke especially with the 8 speeds could fly up em but I have a new appreciation for going down these big ass slopes. I’ll post a snip from to my insta.

New ford and duramax have 10 speeds...james over on DD has been updating everyone with his towing experience in the heat and terrain of AZ with his 2020 duramax, he seems to absolutely love it.

·
Premium Member
7,802 Posts
New ford and duramax have 10 speeds...james over on DD has been updating everyone with his towing experience in the heat and terrain of AZ with his 2020 duramax, he seems to absolutely love it.

Meant to type 10 not sure where 8 came from . Meh they can keep em they are still kinda a crap shoot going down hill from everything I have read and watched. 90% of the roads are fine but this trip was an eye opening one for the capability of this power train for sure. Singing Cummins praises on a dmax forum is always grounds for suspension lol.

AZ has us in heat but we have them on elevation and terrain and associated grades

Either way I’ll pass on the new stuff with their 10 speeds for now. Until I see a review where the exhaust brake is approaching the big C I’ll likely stay with what I have.

Just impressed boys. I have been up and down some steep stuff but not with a trailer of this size so it was an eye opener.

70861 - 70878 of 70878 Posts