·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Another calf is born.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,643
Well got home from work and started to see what was going on with the lights on the truck. Like I wished for, someone came by and fixed it while I was at work. LMAO

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Evenin' fellas;

Back in MD for the week. It's way too damn hot in the factory. Walked outside to 94* in the parking lot and it felt cold.

Tony, Look up Myron Mixon tips on brisket. The most important part of the cook is actually allowing the brisket to rest for 4 hours after it comes off the smoker. Heat a cooler with some hot water, dump it out and wrap the brisket in foil and place it on a towel in the bottom and let it sit for 4 hours. Makes all the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Charles, I passed along the info. Problem is my father is about 10 times harder headed than I am. Bark was way too thick and tough. There was at least a little bit of it that didn't require carbide teeth to process it.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,646
Girlfriend bought me a bottle of cask strength Overeem for my birthday. Definite keeper this one
Your birthday today Hayden?

Reactions: harnold

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Happy birthday Hayden.

You guys and your vehicle problems this morning was contagious.
I was going to put the canopy on the truck today. It was suspended from the rafters of a lean to shed that I have. My ATV was parked under it. Still had the snow plow mounted on it and it was down on the ground. Battery was stone cold dead. Managed to pull start it, but there wasn't enough juice being produced by the alternator to raise the plow with the winch. Put the charger on it and cut the lawns.

Managed to rip the grass chute off when it caught on the fence, so I have to fix that (again). This time I need new rubber strap mounts. Ripped one beyond fixing.

Went back to the ATV and the battery isn't really taking a charge, so I managed to pull the plow off, pull start it again and move it out of the way.

My oldest son called during all this. He blew a tire on the way to work this morning, went to change it and found the spare flat. Called a couple of friends and managed to get one of his winter tires from storage, get back to the car then to work 3 hours late.

It's been a lovely day. 😟

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,055 Posts
Girlfriend bought me a bottle of cask strength Overeem for my birthday. Definite keeper this one
The bottle or the girlfriend? Lol. Happy birthday

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Happy birthday Hayden.

You guys and your vehicle problems this morning was contagious.
I was going to put the canopy on the truck today. It was suspended from the rafters of a lean to shed that I have. My ATV was parked under it. Still had the snow plow mounted on it and it was down on the ground. Battery was stone cold dead. Managed to pull start it, but there wasn't enough juice being produced by the alternator to raise the plow with the winch. Put the charger on it and cut the lawns.

Managed to rip the grass chute off when it caught on the fence, so I have to fix that (again). This time I need new rubber strap mounts. Ripped one beyond fixing.

Went back to the ATV and the battery isn't really taking a charge, so I managed to pull the plow off, pull start it again and move it out of the way.

My oldest son called during all this. He blew a tire on the way to work this morning, went to change it and found the spare flat. Called a couple of friends and managed to get one of his winter tires from storage, get back to the car then to work 3 hours late.

It's been a lovely day. 😟
I use a bungee to keep my chute upright. Gives me more room to do what I need.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,055 Posts
How do you go about finding a shop you trust to do machine work on a Dmax block? I have an LB7 Block I want to have rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Appropriately it's the fourth of July guys 😂

Just the girlfriend, and the bottle the contents won't be kept mate 😂

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
How do you go about finding a shop you trust to do machine work on a Dmax block? I have an LB7 Block I want to have rebuilt.

Well the machinist I wanted to do the work is declining diesel work. He did recommend a shop though however he will be doing the balancing.
Any good reputable machine shop should be able to accommodate you. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,654
Appropriately it's the fourth of July guys

Just the girlfriend, and the bottle the contents won't be kept mate
I was 10 minutes from being a firecracker baby.

·
Premium Member
8,662 Posts
Tex, most important is to find somebody that has experience with the “big 3” diesels. How far are you from Lyle and the shop he works at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,656
Well the machinist I wanted to do the work is declining diesel work. He did recommend a shop though however he will be doing the balancing.
Any good reputable machine shop should be able to accommodate you. It's not rocket science.
Why did he decline to do the work Grant?

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Reactions: John Lee Pettimore

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I use a bungee to keep my chute upright. Gives me more room to do what I need.
These are the rubber straps that hold the chute to the deck. I have a Husqvarna 22HP garden tractor with a 42 inch deck. The chute feeds the 2 bin 6 bushel grass catcher assembly.
The straps are bolted to the chute and hooked to the deck.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Why did he decline to do the work Grant?

I don't know just doesn't want to work on diesel. Disappointing though great performance machine shop. He built the stroker big block in my 56 and every motor in every stock car we ever ran.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,660
I don't know just doesn't want to work on diesel. Disappointing though great performance machine shop. He built the stroker big block in my 56 and every motor in every stock car we ever ran.
Wonder what his reason was? Its not rocket science like you said.

71641 - 71660 of 71774 Posts